1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing A4 fog light

JDM82 May 13, 2012

1. JDM82

JDM82 Member

I want to lamin-x my fog lights and think it would be much easier to do if they where off the car.

Is it a easy job to remove them? I say this cause so far I've found nothing an easy task when it comes to Audi.

Could anyone give me a "How to" or point me in the right direction.

TIA

2. outsideline

outsideline Active Member

just remove the grill mate, thats all i did on mine. theres loads of room when you you pull the grills off.

3. JDM82

JDM82 Member

Do the grilles just pull towards you? I've have a tug at them but they seemed pretty solid? Is there nothing holding them on? Any bolts or clips etc.

4. outsideline

outsideline Active Member

no mate nothing, just need to pull. i always pull the top half first, kind of lift it up and pull towards you.

5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

If you look closely, there are two tabs holding the fog grille to the bumper, just prise these down and they will come out.

6. Rastamouse

Rastamouse Welsh Audi Nut

As above just pull down and towards you on the grill, and if you do need to remove the light then its just 2 or 3 screws that hold it in, remove these and unplug the connectors and jobs a good en!

7. JDM82

JDM82 Member

Cheers guys......

Was just about to start when the good old british weather did what it does best..............Rain.

So i'll leave it for a brighter day.

Thanks for all the info :o.k:

8. viceroy

viceroy Active Member

Just be careful when pulling...you might just scratch the bumper below the grille.
    I've seen it done, so worth mentioning