removed the ghost from my car

a3guy

Reaction score
a strange tapping noise has been bothering me from the passenger seatbelt area but it seemed to come an go, for no reason at all.

if you look on the side of the passenger seat there is a little plastic badge that says airbag on it. sometimes the the seatbelt clasp is banging off this and making this tapping noise , depending on how the passenger has adjusted there seat.

audi should of moved the plastic badge an inch or 2 lower :)

Similar thing happens in my Sportback when the passenger seat is empty. Depending on how the passenger adjusted the seatback, the seatbelt buckle can bang on the plastic side of the seat.

anyone get air whistle from the driver door?

all the time is happens on my sport - always think the window or door is open!

I get it sometimes at motorway speeds, more often that not when there's a crosswind.

a3guy said:
a strange tapping noise has been bothering me from the passenger seatbelt area but it seemed to come an go, for no reason at all.

if you look on the side of the passenger seat there is a little plastic badge that says airbag on it. sometimes the the seatbelt clasp is banging off this and making this tapping noise , depending on how the passenger has adjusted there seat.

audi should of moved the plastic badge an inch or 2 lower :)

Has been bugging me for ages as to where this sound is... my current solution was turning up the stereo!! lol.