1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of wire or vacume pipe to intake manifold actuator???

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by dbw1966, Sep 4, 2013.

1. dbw1966

dbw1966 New Member

Hi, really hoping someone can give me a pointer here. I have my EGR Valve off, and the manifold it attaches too, but cannot get the manifold off the car as there is a thin black pipe to an actuator that controls flaps in the manifold.

How do I disconnect this? I have pulled with moderate force but I dont want to break anything. I think its a vaccume pipe, but it could be a wire I suppose.

Tips appreciated. I have a photo, if only I can post....

Thanks
    Dave
  2. dbw1966

dbw1966 New Member

3. dbw1966

dbw1966 New Member

Well, I went back and had another pull and it came straight off..... Fitted new EGR Valve, (£157 from gsf parts), due to worn tooth in actuator gearing, and cleaned out manifold, it now accellerates MUCH better even than when I got it at 60k, now 110k, and I think fuel economy may have improved, but time will tell on that.
  4. gupsterg

gupsterg Member

I keep a hairdryer in the garage :) ... I use it to give hoses a little heat to make them come off easier :D ...