Removal of rear 3/4 panel (help Dave R!)

JoeInIreland

Reaction score
Hi all,
Haven't posted here for ages, still lurking though. I've a really annoying rattle/creak for a good while now, which I'm almost certain is coming from behind the rear interior driver side panel or card (where the speaker is).
Has anybody ever attempted to remove these interior panels? Its a 3 door A3 by the way. I'm loathe to give it to the dealer to look for it, cos as you all know they are rubbish for doing jobs like this.

Dave R, I know you've posted up pics from the workshop manual before - have you any instructions for this job? Thanks, Joe...

Hi Joe

I will have a look in the workshop manual and see what I can find and post the details soon.

I've looked at the manual and this is a link to the instructions given. Obviously the instructions refer to a number of other items in the manual (wherever it says Chapter). If you need details of any of these let me know and I will post them in the same way.

remove rear side panel

Thanks a million Dave, much appreciated.

Looks a lot more complicated than I thought, it seems I'd have to take the rear seat out too - yikes! Think I might just learn to live with it, I'm not the handiest with a screwdriver...