Removal of headliner ,small problem

nevergivup99

Reaction score
I will be removing the headlining soon , to do an aerial change ,and a headliner colour change ,the only problem I am having is the large clip at the rear centre of the headliner,
In Elsawin it just shows what needs to be done to the clip ,squeeze the two wings on the clip, GREAT !!!!!!!!! how do I squeeze the wings ????? its behind the steel in the roof .
Does anybody have any advice to offer on this , I am trying to remove the liner without any damage, so I can sell it on, to offset the cost of the new one .

drop Amar06fbr a pm, he knows his way around the roof of the A3 lad

This is the picture of the little ******
Roof plug

Yes mate, it was the windscreen, had some mental rain since it was done and not a drop!

3 years later :crushed: .....

Im looking to remove mine also.
Can anyone remember how to get this clip out.
I also need to know how to remove the plastic clips that the sun visors sit in.
Could anyone help please

Hi I need to remove rear passenger pillar in order to run reverse cam cable. Anybody got any pics I could follow or is this a mission impossible. I've already striped out the rear boot panels.

I didn't take mine out, just tucked the cable behind the panel edge. You can do the same on the bottom edge of the roof lining. You do need to remove the A pillar cover, the end plate of the dash and the glove box then you can feed the cable into the space behind the Head Unit. Use a few cable ties behind the glovebox or it will drop down over time.

Hi I managed like you said it was a fiddly job to do finally got it sorted .only problem now is camera switches off when I start engine

Attachments

• 20170604_164430.jpg
    20170604_164430.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 1,096
Reactions: Matt268uk
Hi I managed like you said it was a fiddly job to do finally got it sorted .only problem now is camera switches off when I start engine

I had the same. Bought a filter on eBay, sits inline of the power to the camera. Problem sorted.

Is it this one one. And where does it go in the tail gate before the reverse light power. Or before the reverse detect wire. Back of the head unit

Attachments

• $_1.jpg
    $_1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 560
Re A3 headlining removal, can anyone advise how to remove that centre rear clip with the 'wings' please. Best Peter

Maybe I need to go to specsavers, but I can't see anything about removal tricks there. Please advise. Best Peter

Page 11 shows the problem, but no solution on how to get at it to remove. Any advice please? Best Peter

When I've taken the liner out I've just given it a tug tbh and it's come out no problem