Remote woes and new member Hellos

DieselVin

Reaction score
hello all im the new proud owner of a b5 1997 a4 1.9tdi having just traded my ibiza 1.9tdi in after 3 years as it was dropping to bits

i absolutely love this car, however it has no remote central locking

i put my codes into here

(wont let me post URL until i post more)

and remote central locking isnt shown, is there anything i can do as i really cant live without a remote

all i got with it was a OEM key with a light on and a third party spare

thanks in advance

I'm not one of the experts around here, but I had the same issue with my old fiat punto. I just bought a kick *** clifford concept 650 alarm that came with remote locking, and a whole host of other goodies. You could do that, but someone else might know of a better OEM option if you want to keep things stock.

Welcome to the forum =]

Yes you need either a remote c/l kit, or better still a half decent alarm. It will give you a radio blipper, which will activate both the central locking, audi feeble alarm and it's own alarm/interior sensors etc. It should also provide full closure as a programmable option

sound, ive looked at some aftermarket kits but they all say they wont work if the car already has central locking which it has

i didnt have a remote for my ibiza but i just bought one and programmed it and it worked

cant understand why would have central locking and no remote, was it a really expensive extra?

you can still fit an alarm to central locking , i think what they are refering to is the remote central locking and transponder chip ,which would need fixing behind the ignition otherwise the original immobiliser will stop the car from starting thats all

to be honest you will get a cat 1 full alarm system fitted for £200 where abouts you from?

i dont know any down there but im sure someone can sort you out for the same money

cool ill have a nosey

might try the bottom kit as its only 20quid first