1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote windows

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Keifling, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Keifling

Keifling New Member

[Jul 27, 2013]
    Hi All,

Now I know you can remotely close all the windows with the fob, but seems like they cant be remotely opened ( like on my 1 series).
    Am I missing something?

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 27, 2013]
    Who wants them opening when you sit on the keys or the kid plays with them, nice wet seats or missing items.
  4. dbm

dbm Active Member

[Jul 27, 2013]
    My 8L and 8P both had / have this feature. Just press and hold the 'open' button for about 5 seconds to start the process.

You might have to enable it using the DIS first.
  5. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Jul 27, 2013]
    One thing I've noticed, both with the 8P and 8V, is that sometimes pressing and holding the unlock button when the car is locked doesn't work - it merely unlocks the car. You then have to release and re-press and hold the button a second time to get the windows to open, after a brief pause of course.

Sometimes it will unlock the car and open the windows in a single press but it's rare.
  6. constvoid

constvoid Active Member

[Jul 27, 2013]
    Have you got unlocking set to only unlock the driver's door on the first press; press again to unlock all doors? In that case it's possible that you have to press twice and hold on the second to open the windows.
  7. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Jul 28, 2013]
    Nope, can't stand that option. Thankfully you can control it yourself on the 8V but on the 8P it required a dealer visit or VCDS. I remember specifically telling the leas company to disable it before my last 8P was delivered and it was still enabled when I collected it so I told the dealer to disable it pronto before I departed.

Every now and then I get a loaner with the stupid two-stage unlocking enabled and it drives me INSANE!!
  8. markjames

markjames Member

[Jul 29, 2013]
    It's a setting in the MMI, somewhere under the Car menu. I enabled mine for both up and down yesterday, as its useful for me