remote windows

Keifling

Reaction score
Hi All,

Now I know you can remotely close all the windows with the fob, but seems like they cant be remotely opened ( like on my 1 series).
Am I missing something?

cheers

Who wants them opening when you sit on the keys or the kid plays with them, nice wet seats or missing items.

My 8L and 8P both had / have this feature. Just press and hold the 'open' button for about 5 seconds to start the process.

You might have to enable it using the DIS first.

One thing I've noticed, both with the 8P and 8V, is that sometimes pressing and holding the unlock button when the car is locked doesn't work - it merely unlocks the car. You then have to release and re-press and hold the button a second time to get the windows to open, after a brief pause of course.

Sometimes it will unlock the car and open the windows in a single press but it's rare.

Have you got unlocking set to only unlock the driver's door on the first press; press again to unlock all doors? In that case it's possible that you have to press twice and hold on the second to open the windows.

Have you got unlocking set to only unlock the driver's door on the first press; press again to unlock all doors? In that case it's possible that you have to press twice and hold on the second to open the windows.

Nope, can't stand that option. Thankfully you can control it yourself on the 8V but on the 8P it required a dealer visit or VCDS. I remember specifically telling the leas company to disable it before my last 8P was delivered and it was still enabled when I collected it so I told the dealer to disable it pronto before I departed.

Every now and then I get a loaner with the stupid two-stage unlocking enabled and it drives me INSANE!!

It's a setting in the MMI, somewhere under the Car menu. I enabled mine for both up and down yesterday, as its useful for me