Remote locking

Nitro

Reaction score
This morning my remote central locking is not working (battery is only two months old) had to use key to open drivers door. Even pushing the lock unlock button on the door card nothing happens. When i use the remote on the key you can hear the car wanting to do something as there is a click noise, same as when you push the button inside the car. But nothing. Its like its in a deadlock mode. I am out of ideas and soon fuel too as cant open the filler flap. Any help or advise would be great

Open the boot and lock the car. Can you hear the central locking pump? If yes you may have a vacuum leak in one of the doors. If not, check wiring and/or central locking pump.

if you need the fuel cap open, use something to draw a vacuum (big syringe?) on the pipe that goes to the back of the fuel cap.

Usual culprit is the impeller inside the locking pump.

Thanks for your help guys could you answer the following if you know please, With the boot open I can hear the central locking pump work. If that means I have a leak in one of the doors where is the place i should look to fix it? Also where is the locking pump situated and is it hard to take it out to see if the impeller is broken or lose.

how long does it whirr for?

If its a broken impeller it will tend to run on for ages, otherwise it will only run for a second or so.

I got to the unit and removed it from the foam rubber case it was only whirring for a second, pulled the vacuum pipes off, tried it again with the pipes off and it whirred non stop, until I put my fingers across both vacuum pipe inlet and out let and it turned off. reconnected the pipes and its working again fine, strange? I found the bottom of the foam case was wet but not the part the unit sits in only the bottom of it (the unit was not damp) , dried out the bottom of the case and reconnected it all and it works again. My rear light cluster has a crack in it and the car was washed yesterday. So I assume it got damp and maybe thats why it was playing up.