1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote keys

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by s3tle, May 20, 2004.

1. s3tle

s3tle Member

ello
    i've only got one remote flipblade key for my A3 which isn't exactly ideal, i do however have a golf flipblade key.

What i was thinking is to get a new key blade cut for the golf key and recode it to match the A3.

Does anyone know if this will work? the A3 is a '98 and the golf key from a '01. I'm not sure that vw and audi keys work on the same frequency? anyone know or know where it has been discussed before?

thanks for any help
    chris

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

You can retrain the car alarm to accept the new remote and even get a new key insert too.

4. s3tle

s3tle Member

i know thats the case with recoding audi keys but not so sure with vw keys for the audi. Would be great if it was, would save me about £150 quid too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. Anito

Anito Member

Someone on the B5 forum asked a similar question, he had a key which wasn't coded to the car. I posted some instructions. The info I provided was for the B5 so I can't guarantee it works the same on your A3

Here's the post ASN - Keyless Entry