1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Control Battery?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by evilscotsman, May 31, 2008.

1. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

Hi guys,

First time I went to use the car today, it stalled after 1 second, three times in a row, then with a 4th attempt and a bit of throttle it fired up, I had used the remote button "hold down" to open the windows.

Sometimes previously it has refused to lock or unlock until I put the ignition on then off and it works again, like rematching the key.

Do you lads know if this points to a low remote battery?

Im thinking the stalling today was immob related, it thought the wrong key was used maybe? I didnt notice the immo key icon but I was too busy wondering what the f00k was wrong wi it. Weather was hot, car was cold, should have started easily.

If its the battery, what kind is it?

Might try to pick one up in town today.

:banghead:
  2. evilscotsman

UPDATE: Its a CR2032 coin cell, gonna get a huge strip of them from poundland (duracell ones) - I reckon its because since I found the windows roll down wi the remote, I have been over using that function in the hot weather :redface: and probably weakened the already weak battery in the fob.

I took the fob apart and its quite easy, tho does require a bit of courage that it won't break.

I reckon thats what caused the weird cutting out on starting (did it last week a couple o times but then was fine on second try, then three times in a row today, in front o the neighbours :grrr: ), refusing to lock (or sometimes unlock) - all down to a weak signal from the key to the immob.

I'll let ya know after a trip to poundland :)
  3. evilscotsman

Got a battery, £2.49 from a hardware shop. Fitted it, and everything is peachy again.

The car even feels smoother to drive - I know its nuts - but I guess it must be happier lol

:kissmyrings: