Remote central locking - CCM module

SarafAtak

Reaction score
Hello

Trying to add an aftermarket remote central locking kit to my 3dr Audi A3 8l '96

From other threads, it looks like I should be adding the kit to the CCM module, but I'm not sure where this is located in the car.

Also, my car is alarmed, so I understand that the kit must be installed in the driver side door.

If this is correct, could anyone point me to the location of the CCM module?

Let me know if you need any more info on the car / kit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

hasnt your A3 got remote C/locking as standard? ive got a CCM and key fob so you could use that and keep it OEM

Thanks Phil

My A3 was one of the earliest models that didn't come with c/locking as standard

I did think about trying to get one from the breakers, but the kit was quite cheap so thought i would give a whirl.

Is the CCM in the driver size of the boot?

no the CCM will be under the drivers lower dash panel iirc, it would be a simple swap, a case of changing the ccm and then pressing the button on the key fob all sorted :)

Thanks Phil

Been having a look around to see if I could find the CCM and saw this post by Aragorn (on this forum)

"The Convenience ECU is in effect the Locking pump on an 8L"

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/95399-central-convenience-ecu.html

Does this mean that the 8l has another separate CCM to the central locking pump?I'm interested in going down the OEM route if it's possible - Can you pm me the costs for the CCM unit and key fob?
If you or anyone else could help me locate the CCM itself that would be appreciated.

A3 8l model has got only central locking pump integrated with convinence module and alarm. In that case because you have already alarm and perssume it's working that mean your car has got everything what you need. However if you opening car using only a key that mean your central locking pump need to be replaced for those one what can program fob remote control.

In one of the topic I've marked what central locking pump is needed for this.

We need you clp part number then we can tell you more.
Pump is located on the boot behind rear passenger tail light. Or plug your car to vcds and go to channel 35.