Remote Central Locking Audi 80 Sport 16v

richardguile

Reaction score
hi all,

my first post so go easy on me if all info is not correct,

just been searching posts about central locking and can find some info on most models except the Audi 80.

was hoping someone may be able to help me with some wiring details for an 80 Sport 16v.

from memeory my Audi pump only has 5 wires so maybe a piece of cake compared to other systems i've read about.

i have had the multimeter on the wires but was a bit unsure after checking the outputs of how to wire my remote locking system to it

the wires as far as i know are,

posative (can't remember colour)
negative (can't remember colour)
brown & green
brown & blue
Red

my central locking kit is yet another flea bay purchase but is one of the Audi flip key type systems so hope it should work but the wiring diagrams are poor to say the least.

I have attempted as per instructions recieved but it doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Richard

I may be wrong, (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am) but I don't think the Audi 80 came with the Audi flip key. If you want central locking on a Audi 80 that hasn't got it, you're best bet is to purchase a Vortex central locking kit, which you can get from vagparts.com

I use to have a Audi 80, (and a friend put one of these into it for me, as generally don't have a clue about this sort of thing), worked a treat, also have one in my current 97 A4 Avant, as this model also didn't have the flip key system.

Hope you get it sorted what ever the issue.

Cheers mart,

my 80 sport is the older model, 1991, maybe the face lift models came with the flip ke but not mine i think.

i have already bought this locking sytem off flea bay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120055053828&rd=1&rd=1

after it promised "EASY" fitting, my rear end...

going to check the outputs of my current central locking system on the car and hope someone mightbe able to point me in the right direction.

i intended doing this over christmas but after gainig substantial shares in my local brewery and having monster trouble freeing track rod ends off while fitting a lowered suspension kit and even more trouble finding the correct spigot rings for my aftermarket 17's my central locking dilema got put on hold.

i even had more impotant things to do like buying a £15!% Sport edition badge for my dashboard, think i need to sort my prioraties out!

Anyway folks i'd be greatful of anymore help once i have posted the standard car wire colours and there outputs.

Cheers,

Guile

I'v fitted somwthing very similar to my '94 B4 quattro (just before they fitted remote C/L as standard) and it works a treat. Wish I could remember what I did I know I did follow the instructions that came with the system as you can't get any information on the B4's!! I had to connect to the wires coming from the drivers door C/L was a bit fiddly and didn't get a proper connection first time round. I know that the B3 and B4 wiring differs so I don't know how much help I could be anyway. Is there a loop wire on the control unit you have to cut that alows the system to work with the vacum system?