1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remaps..

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by future, Dec 15, 2009.

1. future

future Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

hi, i know this has been posted quite a few times but i cant seem to find an answer :search: Im going for a remap just after xmas and im stuck between an AMD map or a Revo map, both produce the same claimed figures but does anyone have experience with both? or just a proper insight to either??

thanks
    tom
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. ianysm

ianysm Active Member

There is no answer. They both do the same thing but with slight differences in power delivery - Revo is more fierce with more old school turbo kick, but no extra power, AMD will be more progressive. I'd say just pick the closest and most convenient to you.
  3. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

Are'nt AmD remaps REVO ones these days?
  4. bodiepro

bodiepro New Member

Just had a revo remap:laugh:,enjoying the new lease of life its given my 1.8t quattro sport.:applaus: Dont find the power delivery to fierce:racer:,suppose it depends what your use to, and how you drive. Always used shell v power but really notice a difference now in power and economy whitch also seems slightly improved.:blackrs4:
  5. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

No, AmD Re-maps are AmD maps and REVO maps are Revo Maps. We do both here and let the customer decide which one they would like.
  6. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You'll get the same power figures but delivery will be different,Revo will give you it early on and some say its agressive and the AMD is said to be smoother and gives you the power later on from my experiance.

Revo all the way ;)
  7. s3_kev

s3_kev Stage2'd!!!!!!

cant coment on revo never had one but AMD i have mine was mapped to run 25psi but this only lasted a while before dropping to 20 psi peak i have replaced a number of parts but boost still drops after a while seems to me that its wacked up to silly boost to get you a nice rolling road graph and to make you think wow when you drive off then drops to a sensible level after a while,
    id rather just have a mapp that works with no wow factor same power all the time from leaving the shop,, dont expect much help with problems after either... just my experience and a few others from what i have seen
  8. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

I'd go for a nice custom Jabba map, nuff said...:)

And kev, I can second your comments...
  9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well i watched many Stage one S3's make 230 ish BHP on the weekend, AMD ReVO etc.

It's all about power delivery IMHO, you need to decide whether you want the power in a lump, or progresive.
  10. future

thanks for everyones replies...i have no grumbles with a little old school turbo lag :eyebrows: its a shame to hear that about AMD i had a friend who used to work there and he was realy helpful lol im after quite an aggressive map but that comes in a little later in the rev range than standard so i can have a little better fuel aconamy at the same time, guessing i shold go for a revo one then??

cheers
    tom
  11. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

find a member who local and ask for a ride to experiance them.
    Revo rocks btw
  12. future

good call sir!:thumbsup: anyone around bournemouth southampton offering??

tom
  13. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

I've never had an issue with my Chipped UK map but I have nothing to compare it with except my mates S3, but he doesn't know what map he has!
  14. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

I was going to go Custom Code Stage 1 in the new year, now i'm kinda thinking of Revo... Both are local...
    The reasons I was going to go with CC are because it's smoother I figured less likely to blow coilpacks etc. Also i'm going Stage 2 in the future and CC provide a cut-price Stage 2 if you have their Stage 1.
    Do Revo do this too?
    If so, i might go Revo...
  15. Westy

A remap in general tends to highligh weak coil packs, but a more aggressive power delivery doesn't mean that map will break coil packs more than a progressive map.
  16. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

Ok, cheers Westle.
    I thought it might be the 'spiking' that did it.

Now to find out whether Revo Stage 2 is cheaper if you already have Stage 1...

Edit;
    Screw that.

Revo seems to be £400 + VAT (which will be 17.5% by the time I get the map) = £470. No cheaper for Stage 2 if you already have Stage 1 as far as I can see.

Custom Code Stage 1 is £312 inc. VAT at my local place and when you upgrade to Stage 2 you get a 40% discount on the Stage 2 price.

Think i'll stick with CC.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  17. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Active Member

Yeah Revo stage 2 upgrade from stage 1 is about £60. You need a 4 bar FPR, Decent induction & cat back too.
  18. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

Really? I couldn't see mention of that.
    Ok, Revo is back in the game!
  19. barters3

barters3 Member

i just got a stage 1 revo last weekend at TSR performance in bridgwater.
    I have an s3 AMK (210 bhp) which i had rolling roaded at the same tuners about a year previously. it was only making 194 bhp and 170 lb/ft, this was put down to general age/mileage loss of power as no faults could be diagnosed.
    With the stage 1 we did two rr runs both producing just over 250 bhp and 240 lb/ft!
    hell of an increase, i dont get too exited by rr results as i know they can differ a lot, inlet temps on the day of the map were 3 degrees which obviously helped.
    regardless of rr results and claimed power by software providers, it has transformed my car. so much punch it is agressive but it pulls like hell and im well impressed.
  20. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

As we have offered many many times on here and on the phone, bring it back to us to have a look. There is clearly an underlying fault with your car but you won't bring the car back to us to look at. How can we help when you won't do this?

As for the cars being whacked up to silly boost all for show on the dyno then magically dissapearing when you drive off? How could we even make that happen? This is not possible.

You need to let us to help you by bringing the car back to us.
  21. Crazypete00

Crazypete00 Member

mine is a custom jabba map. not too aggresvie like a revo map, and the boost lasts all the way up the rev range unlike revo which dies after 3k
  22. PMJ

PMJ need another DTM

There is a place near Slough that gives you a five hour trial on a Revo map... Fontain I think its called...
  23. m444ty p

m444ty p Member

I have just had a remap from these people http://www.more-bhp.com/

My car feels like a turbo car should be, When the boost comes in, it puts you in the seat!!!!
  24. ianysm

ianysm Active Member

Mine too. Feels great but its not consistent. I guess an FMIC will help that!

Vagcom suggests i'm at 251bhp which seems about right to me
  25. Westy

Mines about as consistant as Liverpool football clubs results this season! Silicon tip and FMIC will sort that out.
  26. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

Please do not advertise yourself on the open forums, unless you intend to become a forum sponsor, thanks:rulez:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  27. future

ooo sounds interesting but thats a very low torque figure...have you got any print outs? and guessing its realy aggressive and only at pritty high revs?

tom
  28. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

ahh. righto

cheers for clarifying
    regards
    bill