Remaps special features from Unicorn

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Happy New year all!

I feel I've neglected 8L owners recently, and a few people have shoved me in this direction :) For you northerners out there, I'd like to remind you that we offer fully custom map switching, Launch control and flatshift as well as any other features you might like. This is on all ME7.1 & 7.5 ECU's, narrow or wideband, 512 kb etc. It's now also available for MED9/TFSI cars too if you're thinking of changing :)

Vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8IddRNFb22o

Thanks, Rick

Last edited:
Happy New year all :)

For you northerners we do this on all ME7.1 & 7.5 ECU's, narrow or wideband, 512 kb etc along with the switchable maps etc :) It's now also available for MED9/TFSI cars too.

Thanks, Rick
i have an s3 bam 2003 mapped already can you map it in too exsisting map and how much would this cost me 7.5

Hi Rick,

I think James@TheAudiDoctor mentioned you'd remapped his B5 S4?

Yeah he spoke highly of you as well chap. What would the cost be for addition of launch control to my S3 BAM?

got your dyno Andrew?
be interesting to see how your monstor stroker spools that GTX3076... torque monstor.. :)

With regards to mapping in already mapped cars:

I used to do it but don't anymore. 2 reasons: 1. It often takes more time to decipher what is going on and checking my additions have no adverse effects. 2. Your previous tuner is not going to want to go near you for after sales support, and although I help where I can it's difficult when you don't know the history.

If however you have a map and your existing tuner can't map in what you want, then get in touch and we can look at discounted rates.

Cheers, Rick

Seriously? 531bhp and you didn't bother keeping the plot????

No because ever since i got the turbo and i know its rated at 600 bhp i want it the break the 600 mark

When it went in for mapping i knew it would break 500 mark but i also knew it wouldn't make 600 right from the start with the injectors it had in it at the time. They were hitting 85% @ 440 bhp with standard cams and a 0.63 A/R hot side. Breathing modification were needed first as it wouldn't rev with the hot side it had on at the time.

Its a work in progress as everyone knows when they try to hit a target bhp

Rick has done a great job with my car and i do plan to go back once i get my new custom exhaust done, the bigger injectors and the other little issues that need sorting

hi
i live in stockport and interested in getting my s3 remapped... what do you charge for the service?

finally somewhere local to me! Do you have a rolling road? if so how much for a run with logging? cheers

Interested in the launch control option. :)