1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remapping my motor

brentbiggers Mar 22, 2004

1. brentbiggers

brentbiggers New Member

What is a good, cheap and safe chip that i could get for my 180hp FWD?

2. nradfo01

nradfo01 New Member

I've just put a REVO onto my S3 210bhp. It was £499+vat for the software and then £150+vat for the SPS1 switch.

www.forgemotorsport.co.uk

3. A4S

A4S New Member

Direct Port Programming is the way to go now.Look for a Revo or APR dealer in your area. If there is not one close to you, check for local events as these guys will remap on site.

4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

I really don't see the point in Direct Port Programming, because once you run the "high performance" program - you'll never switch it back to standard - GUARANTEED!

5. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    I really don't see the point in Direct Port Programming, because once you run the "high performance" program - you'll never switch it back to standard - GUARANTEED!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever driven in bad snow or ice Grant?

The option of being able to soften the torque delivery and throttle response that comes with returning to standard can make for a much less stressful journey when the weather is bad...

There are advantages...

6. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Ess Three - the right pedal is totally adequate for this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have the APR soldered chip and I regularly change programs (via the cruise control) as it reminds me what I paid for. I know many people with a chip upgrade that get acustomed to it and then wonder if it is functioning properly. I've never had that worry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif