1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remapping my motor

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by brentbiggers, Mar 22, 2004.

1. brentbiggers

brentbiggers New Member

[Mar 22, 2004]
    What is a good, cheap and safe chip that i could get for my 180hp FWD?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. nradfo01

nradfo01 New Member

[Mar 26, 2004]

I've just put a REVO onto my S3 210bhp. It was £499+vat for the software and then £150+vat for the SPS1 switch.

www.forgemotorsport.co.uk

4. A4S

A4S New Member

[Mar 26, 2004]
    Direct Port Programming is the way to go now.Look for a Revo or APR dealer in your area. If there is not one close to you, check for local events as these guys will remap on site.
  5. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

[Mar 29, 2004]
    I really don't see the point in Direct Port Programming, because once you run the "high performance" program - you'll never switch it back to standard - GUARANTEED!
  6. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Apr 4, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    I really don't see the point in Direct Port Programming, because once you run the "high performance" program - you'll never switch it back to standard - GUARANTEED!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever driven in bad snow or ice Grant?

The option of being able to soften the torque delivery and throttle response that comes with returning to standard can make for a much less stressful journey when the weather is bad...

There are advantages...
  7. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Apr 4, 2004]
    Ess Three - the right pedal is totally adequate for this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have the APR soldered chip and I regularly change programs (via the cruise control) as it reminds me what I paid for. I know many people with a chip upgrade that get acustomed to it and then wonder if it is functioning properly. I've never had that worry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif