remapping a a3 1.8t sport

chris82

Reaction score
hi im thinking about getting my 2000 spec a3 1.8t sport remapped to get a little more power out of her she is completly standard and dont wanna push the engine hard just want a little more power.

can u get the handheld mapping system for these cars? i like the idea of taking the map off when i want. what are these like and who do them?and how much?

who or what company do u guys recomend to remap these engines?and how much? i live in cornwall.

cheers chris

thankyou for any replies

Revo dealer
Adrenaline Motorsport
The Old Coal Yard
Trevemper Hill
Newquay
Cornwall
Tr84QD

01637 851 366

phone for a 5 hr trial

at the end of your 5hrs you'll need this probably due to the level of caning....

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/

what do u mean? that the boost is too high and will ruin the turbo?!

are the revo chiping reliable as in not boosting too much as i dont want to be forever fixing it i just want alittle more power with no hassle.

what power can i expect from this bhp/torque?

what are the other choices? and what do people recomend?

i would personaly recomend custom code. had my 2000 1.8t remapped by them and still makes me smile. doesnt push the engine too hard, more like standard power delivery but just more of it. definatly worth the money in my opinion, n not sure if they are still doing 30% discount, but if they are makes it even more worth it.:o.k:

Sorry to hijack - GrahamPrice did you get the Forge 007 fitted too? or just replace the standard DV?

Sorry to hijack - GrahamPrice did you get the Forge 007 fitted too? or just replace the standard DV?

forge 007? i take it this is adump valve or?

when u had the custom code map done what didthe mpg figuredrop too? does it make a huge difference or?

chris82 - I am in the same situation as you, looknig around i am tempted by Custom Code and Upsolute and both are the same money. Speaking to both each say my 1.8T A3 should gain maybe 1-2mpg if driven normally but will be a little juicy if caned everywhere.. Forge 007 is an uprated option to the standard Audi (boshc i htink) dump valve.. But the forge is £90 ish quid and the Audi ones are only about £25..

thanks mate just seems like there are so many people to choose from to get the car mapped i really like the swich back from mapped to standard by revo but they dont seem popular and seem to use too much boost and the custom code sounds pretty good giving good power that seems factory like and reliable. i have access to both revo and custom code very close to me so not sure think im gonna go custom code route do they still have there 30% off deal or? i take it u uprate due to the standard recurc failing?

Yes the Audi DV's are plastic whereas the Forge ones are metal so are much stronger. But I am not sure if you haveto get it done or you can do it in the future! I am tempted by the CC remap with the 30% off as it comes to £247 inc vat at the minute for a 150 bhp 1.8T.. plus your DV on top.

na havnt upgraded the DV, changed it from the 710 to the 710N after getting the car tho. probably will change to a forge, but only when my standard one breaks. had no probs so far:rockwoot:

as for the MPG, really havnt noticied any differance, just that i have been more tempted to use my right foot, and therefore use more petrol. on a moterway cruz it even seems more economical that it was befor the remap...hope that helps:o.k:

Well thats it then remap here I come .......... the 710N is that a later audi version then? cost?

nice! you wont regret it for sure. yeh the 710N is just the updated version of the 710 diverter valve. as i understand it is slightly stronger than the original. cost about 20quid from vagparts

rang Custom code today £247 inc mobile fitting... plus i thnk i will try the 710N before i try a Forge 007, cheaper... If it doesnt work then i will just fork out.. is it worth getting the green panel filter??

that was my thought, will change to the forge if my 710N breaks. sounds like youve got a good deal with the remap mate! different people will tell you different things about the airfilter. ive changed mine to a pipercross panel filter, but not sur if it makes any real difference. the only real advantage is that you wont have to change it as often, just clean it from time to time. hope that helps...:thumbsup:

rang Custom code today £247 inc mobile fitting... plus i thnk i will try the 710N before i try a Forge 007, cheaper... If it doesnt work then i will just fork out.. is it worth getting the green panel filter??

im being given a different price for a cc map with 30% off!! im being told its 312 including vat??? who is doing ur mapping? can i have there number as all the dealers should be the same so will use this to try to get the price down with rk tuning down here who is gonna do it for me.

what mpg should i expect after getting it mapped?

Is yours the DBW or the nonDBW engine? that could be the differance in price. I think the remap for the DBW engine is more expensive for some reason. Im not sure bout MPG, but it shouldnt be any worse than it is now, and on long motorway journys may be more economical. might just seem to be less economical as you will be tempted to use the gas more...:racer:

The only reason that some of the companies may charge more for the Non-DBW cars is they have to get their fingers dirty and open the ECU on some of the earlier version where they can't be flashed via the OBD port.

hi. thinking of getting mine done. did u ring 01246 455 002? and if so, have you had it done and whats it like now?

i actually got simon coe from ccc tech to remap it with an upsolute chip... wow the thing is soo much quicker than before just flies at 2500rpm.. he did it for the same as custom code and i am over the moon with it. He tells me it should be somewhere between 190-195bhp now. :)

i actually got simon coe from ccc tech to remap it with an upsolute chip... wow the thing is soo much quicker than before just flies at 2500rpm.. he did it for the same as custom code and i am over the moon with it. He tells me it should be somewhere between 190-195bhp now. :)

do u have a address and phone number for the guy as i want mine done too. btw whats a NonDBW ?

NonBDW means non drive by wire. This means that the engine uses a throttle cable, which can be seen on the front of the engine. The later models had a drive by wire system which was not a direct cable connection rather a servo (correct me if im wrong anybody). hope that explains it...

got my car booked in on thursday morning at st.agnes in devon for the custom code doing :)

just an update, got the car done today and boy oh boy was it worth the money!!

it was pushing 162bhp before and they guy who remaped it said that was alot more than a standard engine anyways. he put it on the rolling road to check what it was like before. took out the file from the ECU and sent it over for custom codeing. 2hrs later he`s got the file back and installed it back on the ECU and then re-rolling roaded it. its now pushing 192.2bhp. ive got a custom built cat back 3inch stainless steal racing exhaust so maybe thats why im getting more than normal bhp :)
he also noticed my car was idle-ing abit lumpy so he cleaned out the throttle housing an it runs sweet now. im also getting 234lbft of torque.