1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remap

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by ady c, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ady c

ady c New Member

hi all
    just got my first audi got a a4 avant 1.9 tdi 2003 in atlas gray got a flat spot at 1500 rpm would like a remap on the car seems that about 35 bhp can be gained can any one recommend any companies in southampton or near by ???? plug and play or remap?
    will post pics of car later :music:
  2. dan_b

dan_b Member

I would personally recommend MRCTuning - they're in Banbury, so a bit of a drive from Southampton, but in all my years of running modified Audis, I know of no other company who will do a better job in getting you genuine, and reliable power gains.

There are an awful lot of re-map cowboys out there these days, especially with the number of cars you can now access the programming through the interface ports and with kits available off ebay people think its easy to just crank up the boost. But there are an awful lot of bad maps around. With diesels it's especially important to map it properly so as not to get huge plumes of smoke and to totally kill your economy benefits.

That's my view. Enjoy what ever remap you get!
  3. ady c

ady c New Member

thanks alot dan will give them a ring
  4. 46TheDoctor

46TheDoctor Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

You will have a flat spot at around 1500 as the turbo isnt at full boost till gone 2000rpm. Also if your car has a fault now itll be cos theres a fault on your car that needs amending, so a remap will not cure it.