1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remap time!

Simonbt Sep 27, 2012

1. Simonbt

Simonbt New Member

Hi all!

So I've got my car booked in for a remap tomorrow at Awesome - I've read through a few reviews but was curious to see if any of you guys have had any experience with them?

Also, my car's done about 68k so I'm slightly concerned about the clutch as I've heard they are a fairly weak point on the 105bhp engines - Once again, any experience on that aspect? How much am i realistically looking for a uprated one and should i need to do anything with the flywheel whilst I'm at it?

The car is a A3 1.9tdi se (8P)

Cheers!!

2. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

Good luck with your Remap, Awesome seem good people very well known you will be alright there, when you get it done go and Try some Shell V Power Diesel and find out the big difference for yourself :) im not so sure on clutches and that section but somebody will help you with that soon probably.

3. SootySport

SootySport Well-Known Member Team Silver

Awesome are---------------Awesome. They fitted my hybrid turbo and some other bits and remap to my sadly now gone Fabia VRS, was 225bhp and 330ft.lbs torque, made it a little lively.

4. Simonbt

Simonbt New Member

Really looking forward to getting it done as to see what sort of difference it makes - I will report back, got an hour and a half drive back from Awesome over Snake Pass so that should be nice ^^

5. jaye2992

jaye2992 Member

Great service over at Awesome. I'll definitely be getting more work done by them. Enjoy the re-map :p

6. Simonbt

Simonbt New Member

Well its done, took a bit longer than I expected but they were very busy.

I've got to be honest, I'm very impressed! Very smooth map, more power lower down going all the way up to 4k+. Motorway driving is now a pleasure, and gives you the poke to be where you want when you want and non motorway driving give you a good suprise when you realise how fast you are going ;)

And no smoke! Well thats a lie - If I really push it from low revs it smokes (sometimes and not much at all), but aint gonna be doing that often as I like my clutch.

All in all, awesome job from Awesome! Thanks guys :)

7. Kohaku

Kohaku Member

When i had my 2.0tdi 170 SE done took it up to 215 BHP & 316 Torque.

Beforehand when in 2nd gear was like the worst I'd every experienced.

After the guy said take it for a drive. I could feel the difference within a few hundred yards,transformed it into the best ever.

Totally lethal,with the torque steer,being FW drive of course.but what a car,and MPG improved by 10+pg..all in all, best £275 I'd ever spent.

Enjoy your NEW car.

8. Kohaku

Kohaku Member

What's the new numbers.btw.

9. Simonbt

Simonbt New Member

No RR for me, I would imagine thats how they keep the costs at £150. As much as I would like to know, how it drives is more important to me - and the drive is good.

10. jonesk99

jonesk99 New Member

H how much did you pay for your remap? And where are awesome / do you have contact details or website? Thanks.

11. Kohaku

Kohaku Member

12. grr666

grr666 Member

That you Bernie?

13. SootySport

SootySport Well-Known Member Team Silver

Yes Gary, me again, I get around don't you know. I did notice you are looking for an S3, found one yet?

14. big harty

big harty Member

Yes had mine done at awsome only last week. All I can say is excellent service and very friendly staff. Have fun on your drive back. But start saving for clutch. Lol

15. grr666

grr666 Member

Maybe... Not saying too much on here... ;)