Remap straw pole

Leevr

Reaction score
Want to try and put the chocolate clutch issue to bed once and for all. This is for all audi S3 8V manual owners. If you've had a stage one map done.

1. How long did your clutch last after it was done.
2 Do you know the history of your clutch. I.e first owner or fourth. What miles on the clock.
3. How did you drive the car prior to the map and how do you drive it now. Like you stole it or enthusiastic.
4. Which company did you use, was it a custom map for your car or generic for an S3 8V.

Just can't get my head round why Audi would fit a clutch that is just capable of coping with ~300bhp and not work in some redundancy, bearing in mind these are not cheap cars. Money saving or not. Mitsubishi, subaru and ford to name but a few seem to manage realistic power increases with no issues. There's got to be an answer out there. Feedback from any or all tuners and mappist on the forum is greatly appreciated.

I recently got a custom remap on mine which took it to 394bhp an 375torque but.. clutch wernt happy 2days later so got tuners dial it back to 383bhp an 350torque and its happy for now long as you dont boot it before oil temp is at least 90degrees. No slippin.

Am still gona go get the sach organic clutch fitted and get the 395bhp an 375torque map put back on. My car got 9k on clock.

Reactions: Leevr
My only worry about a remap would be the TD1 at resale
But that might be just me

Reactions: lucaslfc
Given the manuals were given less torque out of the factory than the Auto.. I’m assuming they knew the clutch was a weak point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

APR Stage 1 here. 385bhp and 370lb ft.

I was owner from new, worn in pretty carefully, never dumped the clutch from a standstill, never driven over 3k rpm until oil is over 85c, hit rev limiter once in its life, will take it over 5k rpm maybe once or twice a day. Fair bit of motorway miles. Drive it very similar now as I did before it was remaped. To keep in perspective, I had a 2.5 turbo impreza which I owned and drove in the same style as this and that got to 90k on the original clutch.

Was on 16k when mapped, clutch started slipping in 3rd and 4th at 4k rpm at around 17k, clutch swapped at 19k for a sachs organic. Now on 21k.

Rumor has it, its just the clutch from the Golf GTI.

Reactions: lucaslfc