Remap on a 190 BEX engine - Celtic Tuning?

j033y

Reaction score
Morning people

Have been doing some research into a remap. my old 1.8t 150bhp golf i went for a Superchip, mainly because my mate worked at a tuning company who did superchips, was more than happy with the gains, so i looked into a Superchip for my new A4 190 Q and they came back with 210bhp which I was a little disapointed with. I had read that 235bhp was possible from these engines, however i thought this was a remap and different injectors?

So I am browsing the internet, and come accross http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/ who offer a BEX engine remap to 235bhp and 223 lb/ft

Anyone used, heard of them? I got to their website from http://www.vwcruise.com/ (HazzyDayz) who seem to use the software and charge £295

I used Badger5 (Bill) also a member ASN.. This guy is 1st class mate, and will not talk a load of BS. He sorted my 190 BEX back in Jan of this year. Check him out or pm him.

I used Badger5 (Bill) also a member ASN.. This guy is 1st class mate, and will not talk a load of BS. He sorted my 190 BEX back in Jan of this year. Check him out or pm him.

What power does yours now make?

Cheers

When Bill (badger5 ) remaped my car he said it maybe around 220-230ish . You will have to have the car logged first for a clean bill of health and once you car is 100% then have the remap
Bill logged the car before and after the remap loads and load's of data was explained to me on the day. Have the car tested on a rolling road to see what the car is pushing and then bring the readout's with you to the the company of yor choice for them to see. But for me having the car logged before and after is a must. I have yet to have the car on a rolling road for a BHP figure.

The car feel's alot faster and pulls like a train and have not had any problem's.. Speak to Bill he won't f..k you about he is well respected. I'm going back soon for a big brake kit. Alot of company's out there will tell you that there remap's will give you a figure of 225-230.

there is a garage in clydebank that use the celtic tuning downloads to upgrade the map - can't remember how much i paid, but it fried my ecu, they replaced it and aparently re-done the re-map but after 6 independant rolling roads there is only a marginal increase in power - 163 to 176 - pants in my opinion.

i contacted celtic tuning who were surprised and the garage wanted the car for days at a time to work on it, which i couldn't afford to happen as i needed the car.

tbh - too much hassle unless you are going to them direct.

i used celtic tuning to remap my old passat 130 tdi sport they gave figures of 185 bhp the car pulled like a train afterwards and very reliable i had it rolling roaded about 2 months after and it gave figures of 182bhp which was near enough for me

Has'nt 1 wheel said somthing about hazzy dayz arn't they in hemel hemstead heard about them charging for work the have not done clairfy before going there!