Remap on 2.0ltr n/a dsg auto

Danny Scott

Reaction score
Hi again everyone, firstly I apologise for the amount of noobie questions but I am pretty new to the Audi scene although I am loving every minute.

Im currently in a 2004 A3 2.0ltr n/a DSG auto, think they are about 150bhp standard?

Question is what can I do to get more grunt out of it without ruining the car?

Iv read alot of stuff about remaps on here but are they beneficial to my car or just the higher end turbos and S3's?

Cheers in advance

Last edited:
im not to sure mate, i just posted but realised after you said 2.0petrol and im not too sire about this model mate, but be patient and im sure someone will answer you :icon_thumright:

Give Will Spencer at Performance Torque a ring or send him an email. I'm sure he will know if there is anything available.

The telephone number is 01902 324 584 and the email is: info@p-torque.co.uk. There may be some details on the website at www.p-torque.co.uk. Will has several very satsified customers on this forum, including me.

If it is a petrol engine than yes has 150bhp but I don't think the gearbox is DSG. Regarding remap, it won't help you very much. If it had a turbo you could see great improvement.
If it is the diesel engine it has 140bhp or 170bhp and the gearbox, if automatic, is DSG. With a simple remap of the 140bhp engine can rech 170 - 180bhp. With the 170 one I think you can go higher than 200BHP but you have to take into consideration the fact that DSG gearbox can handle a max of 400NM of torque (with a DSG remap you can push this limit to about 500NM; so I've heard)

I agree. I don't think the DSG gearbox has ever been fitted to the 2.0FSI 150hp A3. I think you will find your gearbox is a 'normal' automatic and not a DSG.