Remap MPG

SDO

Reaction score
Hi guys got a 99 1.8t a3 and i'm averaging 28mpg which aint to bad but with the price of petrol continuly going up i'm looking to get better mpg as £20 only lasts me under a week.

Just want to know what kind of mpg do people get with a remap as there suppose to help.

Only other thing is to get a desiel but don't really want to get rid of the A3.

cheers

I've been driving at speed limits this last week and my DIS says 33.2mpg over the last 200 miles. Thats using V-Power and running Custom Code remap on my S3

i get about 30ish mpg on the motorways but as soon as i hit the cities that drops to bout 25-27ish.

27mpg but I do drive like I stole it

mine is remapped if i drive hard i ll get about 19 if drive normally i ll get 23ish, why is that so bad ?

Mins not remapped (yet) and I got 23.8MPG on my last tank of V Power

Generally off boost driving MPG improves after a remap. However, you then want to use the extra power, so in reality you'll probably spend more until the novelty wears off.

currently averaging 34mpg without a remap. When i had my 1.8TQS remapped the mpg dropped from about 33 to 29 probably due to having a heavier foot!

:salute: Haa Haa a man after my own heart... is 27 with a remap though ?? i only get that on my standard Quattro sport

tis remapped,even at donington on a trackday I got 17 mpg unlike an evo there what managed 4 !!!!!

Wow wasn't expecting them to be that low.

My TQS also dropped from about 32 to 29, but I'm still in the honeymoon period of the remap, I need to learn restraint!! :racer:

Got a CC1; before it was 30mpg now just below at 29mpg. Majority is up and down the A34 with a bit of country roads at speed thrown in.

How you guys measure all these mpg figures?

By miles vs litres filled at the pump? Or by using the DIS.

I've been calculating my mpg using measuring miles against litres consumed, because I find the DIS is extremely optimistic.

iv just done it from the dis to be honest. glen have you sorted your poor consumption problem

I do roughly 80% motorway driving and 20% town driving and with a Custom-Code Stage 1 remap I'm averaging between 32 and 35MPG. Admittedly I'm driving like a grandad the majority of the time as I'm pretty poor at the moment but I still have the odd blast here and there.

**EDIT** That's calculating MPG properly and not using the DIS. In fact the DIS is only showing an average of 31MPG so is under-estimating!

My DIS is now showing 30.7, after being at 30mpg for ages, I have not had a remap and the majority of my driving is on the motorway...

my dis is showing 26.6mpg but i'm getting more miles on a tank than after i got a remap i used to struggle to get 220 miles now i get 260-280 depending on different journeys......

Good topic.

I'm only into my second week of ownership with the S3.. My first few days the DIs was showing 22.5mpg.. However, after filling the tank with V-Power from shell on after a couple of hundred miles I am averaging approx 30mpg. No remap yet, however, this is likely to come in the next few months.

funny enough ive been looking at this recently as im new to haveing mine re-mapped could only get 26mpg before re-mapp now heading to 27mpg hoping once the novelty wears off ill be higher really dont want to keep putting £30-£40 in the tank a week, it a joke

Hi all! Blimey S3ren! 220 miles to a tank.... you must have some heavy right foot!
Ive recently purchased my S3, standard form 210. Had 320 miles on the three quarters of a tank, mixed runs. So I'm guessing I'm averaging just under 400 miles a tank.... btw I'm running BP ultimate.

No offence lads, but i get asked that question quite a bit, less now than when i had the S4 admittedly, but as i always say you don't buy a quick car to worry about fuel consumption!

The price of fuel is only going to increase so there's no point buying a gas guzzler & then bitching about consumtion...

Realistically i never noticed any diff before & after.

Personally I'm impressed with the average on mine compared to the last one!

i have a 99 A3 1.8T remapped with Upsolute and now get 380 miles to £50 which i think works out to 38mpg... i do drive through the new forest every day on the way to work so i am not ragging it all the time.

Hi all! Blimey S3ren! 220 miles to a tank.... you must have some heavy right foot!
Ive recently purchased my S3, standard form 210. Had 320 miles on the three quarters of a tank, mixed runs. So I'm guessing I'm averaging just under 400 miles a tank.... btw I'm running BP ultimate.

interesting jimmeh. i usually put in v power but as shell drivers are ****** on strike theres no pertrol in my local garage ( 1 shell garage in whole of coventry!!!) so i had to put in BP ultima and i must say my car is sluggish as **** with that in. cant wait to drain the tank and put the v power back in. anyone else had this experience?:think:

Must admit mate I haven't really tried Shell V Power so I can't really comment. But I would far from say that my car is sluggish... would be interesting to find out other peoples opinion on this...?

funny enough ive been looking at this recently as im new to haveing mine re-mapped could only get 26mpg before re-mapp now heading to 27mpg hoping once the novelty wears off ill be higher really dont want to keep putting £30-£40 in the tank a week, it a joke

£30 - £40 a week ! Im putting in £65 - £75 :crying:

£30 - £40 a week ! Im putting in £65 - £75 :crying:

same as me mate. was about 50ish when i first got the car in feb!! nightmare. didnt buy the car to be economical but still a nightmare with the amount its costing.:wtf:

did my first £70 fill up the other day, still it will last me all month :) .

only because I use the wifes soot chucker when im on nights lol

£35 a week takes me approx 140miles now with a lot of traffic driving...grrr

****** hell i must really drive like an OAP im getting 36 MPG on the DIS and getting about 410 miles to a 69 pound tank of tesco 99 RON !!!!!!

oooooh, how much traffic driving do you do Jamie? im on 20miles round trip to work every day which i assume is killing my figures...if not it may be time to buy a new MAF

I get about 25mpg driving in town to work n back. very stop start tho.
On a run from edinburgh to inverness n back I got just under 36mpg according to computer.
The 150ish miles took 1/4 tank so that works out at roughly 44mpg by my calculations. Doesnae seem right somehow :think:

(car is standard btw)

my first (into the s3 ownership) tank of V-Power took me 320 mile, is this, good? I've been 'steady' with the right foot, but still, it's nice to have a play

Thats not bad, I rarely get 300 out of a tank, but that is on 95ron. The last tank I used I drove really economically and got 320 out of a tank which worked out at something like 26mpg

Sounds about right for a first tank Jimmeh. Once you get used to driving the car smoothly then things should improve. I get around 400 miles from a tank but have managed a 500 mile tank on a long run down to Devon.