Remap in Scotland

achaleven

Reaction score
Got my Audi Avant 1.8t remapped at A for Audi in Clydebank a couple of weeks ago. Mine's the 150bhp sport quattro so the difference was something else. However after a couple of weeks and for no apparant reason I seemed to be getting a drop in power in the bottom end. Another visit to A for A yesterday resulted in Andy finding a mass flow meter fault. Replaced this and fault still there. They traced it to a faulty diverter valve and replaced this and got rid of the fault. Last thing they said after a test drive was that although the faults now gone the car is detonating like **** and what octane fuel do I use in it ? Where I stay I'm a bit limited for choice so I use Esso Supreme 97 octane. Anybody got any thoughts on this as I'm now concerned that my engine may go into meltdown, pistons etc. I think I may have to reverse the remap to preserve the engine! :think:

I would say the remap you have is not right for your car and they should have resolved or refunded you and put it back to stock if they could not sort out the detonation issue.