1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remap for 2.0 TFSI DSG - WHICH ONE?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by daz5182, Jan 3, 2013.

1. daz5182

daz5182 Member

Having had my s line sport back for a month or so I've started looking at remaps.

I want a map that increases power and economy, any map that uses more juice on normal driving is out. I also like the idea of a handheld unit.

Recommendations please?
  2. OVRA3

OVRA3 Active Member

I've just had mine custom tuned by a guy near me.. £240 one of the other members on here also has on my recommendation. Custom tune rather than a generic map.. Although I know you are based some way from me, he does have other guys working around the uk, pm me if you want the details.. I am in no way affilated just think the job on my car is amazing in all respects..
  3. IceHanger

IceHanger Member

If your just sticking with a standard car and mapping it, a generic one from one of the reputable company's would be fine, Custom ones really only benefit if your changing other parts at the same time.
    Shark, Revo and Bluefin all do a device to swap maps for servicing etc. Plenty of information on here with a search, and lots of discussions on which is best lol, it does normally boil down to which one is closer and who has the best deal on at the time.
  4. GnasherVXR

GnasherVXR Member

5. daz5182

daz5182 Member

Thanks for the info guys, as said I'm looking for an out of the box device really, wanting something like a bluefin but I notice revo have bigger gains from stage 1..... Is this at the sacrifice of economy, if so bluefin is for me.....????
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  6. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Shark Performance, we can offer you an STS unit, we have a few dealers on here, pm if you want more info.
    IceHanger likes this.
  7. JPK

JPK Member

I have the same car as you and have APR Stage 1 with a Twintake and cat back exhaust. The powerband is very progressive and they quote 189kw on 98 octane. Can change maps through cruise control (Stock map, 91, 95, 98 etc) and they have a few extra security features also.

The only other tune ive tried was Superchips on a MK4 GTI a few years ago but im very happy with APR for my current vehicle. Most of the big name tuners have a very similar product, it just depends what your plan is long term for the car and which company you feel most comfortable with.
  8. daz5182

daz5182 Member

Plans long term would be to stage 1 and that is it.....

I like the idea of changing the map through the cc stalk, do most tuners do that option?
  9. JPK

JPK Member

Im pretty sure its only APR that does what they call 'ECMS'. Other tuners have a handheld device you can use
    to switch maps.
    More info on APR here: APR Audi/VW 2.0T FSI - ECU Upgrade
    Probably the most expensive option though.
  10. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

11. Ads

Ads License to drive

I've got the same engine and gearbox as you and went for bluefin. Got it in their sale so only paid about £360 I think it was. This includes the handheld unit to switch between stock map and remap.
    Bluefin/superchips aftersales support is very good too.

The remap makes a significant difference to the car, especially for rolling acceleration in 2nd/3rd gear (basically, overtaking).

**boy racer alert**
    It's made my car comfortably quicker than cars it used to struggle against.

I can't comment on how it compares to other remappers but I'd recommend it.