Remap failed

Liquidfusion-S3

I fall to peer pressure!
Reaction score
So I brought my car into AMD Essex today to have my car remapped but they said the ECU was unreadable probably because the car is too new and they don't have the tools to remap it at the moment.
Waiting for my £399.95 refund which will take 2-3 working days.

My car is a A4 2013 1.8 TFSI 170.

I am assuming AMD has done all they can to try to remap this, taking the ECU out and reprogramming it?
Most remappers don't have my car on their database yet, however the only one I've come across which does is Elite Remaps.

How is it possible Elite Remaps claim they can remap my car whereas such a big company like AMD cannot?
Been a long tiring day waiting around for them to say they couldn't do it in the end.

Any body know any other mappers that can remap my car?

Last edited:
Be patient. Is your car even a year old and your wanting it remapped already? Also there could be a chance when it came down to it Elite Ramps cant remap it either, could be an advertising thing. And if they can remap it, would you really want it done anyway? As you would more than likely be a guinea pig. Id hold on until AMD or some of the other reputable big boys come out with something, least then you can be sure it has been properly tested.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and Liquidfusion-S3
True, I guess it's good they told me they couldn't remap it than say they did but actually didn't.
The car isn't a slouch, but as I'm in the process of personalising the car I thought hey, why not? :)

Still under a year old, will have to wait and see I guess.
Waiting for Revo or AMD to release the maps, whichever comes first I'll go for.

Reactions: SI-W85
Gutting mate bet you were fare looking forward to that too, be patient and enjoy what you got for now as when a remap is available you will notice it a lot more and enjoy it more too. Revo will prob be the first and they are definitely a good choice to go with.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and Liquidfusion-S3
I would always recommend going to a big enough company as if something goes wrong they will need to be able to fix it, when I was having mine mapped a pal of mine also was having his R32 stage 2 mapped and his ecu locked up half way through so they had to flash it but they said it was lucky it happened on them as there are only a very few people who could have fixed this otherwise the car wouldn't have been sorted there and then and the ecu would have had to be sent away.

Reactions: s3_trev
If you let me know the engine code, I'll tell you whether it can be remapped or not. R32 is ME7.1.1 and they have a habit of locking, I've had to fix a few that people have tried to map.

Thanks, Rick

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Really that's not good for these mobile remap guys if something goes wrong they be stuffed :/

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
CJEB engine is Simos 12.1 ECU which can't be remapped yet unfortunately. This ECU can be currently be read and modified, but no way of getting back the modified software onto the ECU.

Rick

Reactions: scotty76 and Liquidfusion-S3
Last edited:
+1 for DTUK as a product and for service

Everyone knows a tuning box is not as good as a full ecu tune but as the next best thing mine is spot on ... I am planning on doing a rolling road test at some point.

When I got mine I did not believe a tuning box would work but my "Holly **** it works" response to Andrew said it all. I am very happy with my tuning box as I could not have an ecu map as my ecu is locked and was told that there was not a way without removing the ecu from the car to map it.

Ah ignore me, I think I will just wait for Revo or AMD :)

Reactions: Revo Steve-W