Remap & Exhaust options?

bobby_s3

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to get my RS3 remapped, and at the same time both cats removed. Anyone had this done?

Can you recommend any combinations of brands and companies to do the remap? I have looked into it and APR sounds like a good choice among RS3 owners. A friend of mine mentioned Unicorn in Manchester? Anyone had any dealings?

Cheers

Lots here have secondary cat by-pass pipes and many times discussed remap with the 8P RS3; do a search within the forum and I'm sure lots will be revealed.

I run secondary cat by-pass pipes and have done for 5-years or more: I've also fitted both Milltek and Scorpion to RS3s belonging to others and in truth there's little difference in either - just hollow tubes and so the outlet noise is similar.

See: "Fitting Secondary De Cat Pipes" here in this Forum

Not sure anyone has gone for 20-inch rims mind, or 9J TT rims on an 8P RS3.

Last edited:
Lots here have secondary cat by-pass pipes and many times discussed remap with the 8P RS3; do a search within the forum and I'm sure lots will be revealed.

I run secondary cat by-pass pipes and have done for 5-years or more: I've also fitted both Milltek and Scorpion to RS3s belonging to others and in truth there's little difference in either - just hollow tubes and so the outlet noise is similar.

See: "Fitting Secondary De Cat Pipes" here in this Forum

Not sure anyone has gone for 20-inch rims mind, or 9J TT rims on an 8P RS3.
Cheers for the reply. I understand the secondary cat by pass, but I wanted to know about the double cat by pass? Has anyone done that and what options are available.

Regarding the alloys, am I right in thinking there was an option for 8.5j alloys on the rs3?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

There are THREE catalytic converters on the RS3, one primary and two secondary. As you say you understand the "double cat by pass", those are the secondaries; and yes, some have indeed 'gutted' the primary cat. See Milltek catalogue for details of SSXAU344 or on eBay:

Upload 2017 3 16 8 44 37

Note: actual emissions of an RS3 with secondary catalyitic converter by-pass pipes remains within UK 'legal' limits - as tested by Audi on my own car @ 0.02% difference with and without.

As for the 8.5J optional FRONT alloys; yes they are available and YES I use 8.5J rims (Audi Part No: 8P0601025CM) on my own 8P RS3 with 255/30 tyres (MPSS) and 235/35 MPSS on 8J rims at the rear.

There are THREE catalytic converters on the RS3, one primary and two secondary. As you say you understand the "double cat by pass", those are the secondaries; and yes, some have indeed 'gutted' the primary cat. See Milltek catalogue for details of SSXAU344 or on eBay:

View attachment 120056

Note: actual emissions of an RS3 with secondary catalyitic converter by-pass pipes remains within UK 'legal' limits - as tested by Audi on my own car @ 0.02% difference with and without.

As for the 8.5J optional FRONT alloys; yes they are available and YES I use 8.5J rims (Audi Part No: 8P0601025CM) on my own 8P RS3 with 255/30 tyres (MPSS) and 235/35 MPSS on 8J rims at the rear.
Ah great, that's the info I was looking for. I will defo look into that. Regarding your earlier post, you said you have worked with scorpion and miltek. Is there a preference?

I'm looking to lower my car using H+R 20mm springs, as budget doesn't allow for coilovers yet. So I thought might be a good time to look for some alloys to make it sit slightly better.

CAUTION: you may need to look at 'twisted and/or broken propshafts" on the 8P RS3 as this has happened on more than one re-mapped car, STD ones too, when using 'launch' too often:

Upload 2017 3 16 8 58 17

Just sayin'

CAUTION: you may need to look at 'twisted and/or broken propshafts" on the 8P RS3 as this has happened on more than one re-mapped car, STD ones too, when using 'launch' too often:

View attachment 120057

Just sayin'
Thanks for the info. I was looking to get the uprated arp propshaft bolts fitted.

Thanks for the info. I was looking to get the uprated arp propshaft bolts fitted.

Yes you should, though I haven't; but be aware that the propshaft itself has also failed in some instances and not just the rear coupling:

Upload 2017 3 16 9 21 22

And there's more than one coupling and more than one set of bolts...

Yes you should, though I haven't; but be aware that the propshaft itself has also failed in some instances and not just the rear coupling:

And there's more than one coupling and more than one set of bolts...
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Ah great, that's the info I was looking for. I will defo look into that. Regarding your earlier post, you said you have worked with scorpion and miltek. Is there a preference?

Both the same really. But Scorpion have stainless steel flanges and are generally cheaper than Milltek.

Nope, no preference but I've Milltek:

Upload 2017 3 16 11 17 58

Reactions: Paul-RS6
I hear you looking at modification but for sure if I were doing any again I'd be doing the rear ARB first:

Upload 2017 3 16 11 39 44

Makes a huge and +TVE difference to both handling and, in my own view, ride... :racer:

Reactions: Andyrs3 and Paul-RS6