1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remap/ecu question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Jonesymk2, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Jonesymk2

Jonesymk2 Member

I've had the battery disconnected on my S3 from Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon,since I've had the other engine in and had the battery reconnected it feels sluggish compared to how it was,all the pipes seem to be tight so don't think there is a boost leak,is there a possibility that cause the battery has been disconnected for so long the ecu has maybe reset completely and if there was possibly a different map on the ecu it has gone back to the standard map

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Powering off the ECU cannot change the map.

You need to do a fault code scan and see if there are any faults.

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

The std map is replaced by the remap... what is probably happening is adaption values will have been reset which can make things feel flat until learnt again...

Revo maps store data in the ECU but not heard of this getting lost if the battery is removed...

I regularly remove my battery as I can sometimes go weeks in between driving my car and the first few miles are always a bit on the sluggish side until the ECU has sorted itself out...

<tuffty/>

#3 <tuffty/>, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. Jonesymk2

Jonesymk2 Member

Ok then was just a thought will see how it goes again over the next few days