1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remap don't !!!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by A4tdishane, Oct 9, 2012.

1. A4tdishane

A4tdishane Member

All will be revealed soon lol
    And the cars back up and running now :) thanks to Pete Wilson auto electrics and Tom for all his help much appreciated

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scott b

scott b Active Member
    VCDS Map User

what area so i know avoid

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

you didnt buy an ebay special and try doing it yourself ?

5. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

I once got a remap from a guy near Cannock, never again will I use somebody who doesn't have any recommendations from people off forums like this!

6. A4tdishane

A4tdishane Member

Noooooooo way lol although I imagine if I tried it would of been a lot worse lol

7. A4tdishane

A4tdishane Member

Mansfield pal

8. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Active Member

Crikey that's a mess, whoever did that should be shot.
    I've seen chips being removed from pre 99 VAG ECU's many times, & it's always been done using a tiny blow torch & solder braid not a soldering iron. As already stated the ECU should of been flashed through the OBDII port, there was absolutely no need to remove the chip unless they killed it & had too.
    I've had every VAG car (7) I've ever owned remapped without issue.

9. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

Please change the heading... this experience should put people off amature reCHIP jobs. No way any modern remap should need a soldering iron. And a before and after rolling road will let you see if it's had the expected results, otherwise it's just hit n hope.

10. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I like awesomes map n smoke job myself lol. 150 mile round trip to put it right or have it removed unfortunately wasnt a viable option. one company ill steer clear of in future for sure.

11. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Site Sponsor

Some very new stuff does :) Did one today actually, but not to any chip itself :)

Rick

12. krisavant

krisavant 4th set of a wheels in a year

Looks like it's all heading back to the soldering days anyway.

New cars not allowing the plug 'n' play way anymore.

13. BFT - John

BFT - John New Member

Hi Coatesy, sorry that's untrue, not at all. Why don't you pop down and say hello to me to see exactly what we do. I'll provide the bacon sarnie and a cup of coffee and we can discuss the 'cow ****' comment! We have all our own master devices, state of the art rolling road and diagnostics etc. So I can't say that is a fair post at all? Infact completely inaccurate. Unfortunately some companies feel the need to circulate bad rumours to make themselves feel better. Bring your car down and we can rolling road it for you free of charge and give you a proper view to how we do things here.

To be clear Big Fish is solely me and there is no other employees. If anyone is saying they used to work for me please let me know, and I will take it further.

Kind Regards,
    John @ Big Fish Tuning
    sales@bigfishtuning.co.uk

**To be clear this is not for advertising, simply to clear up incorrect information**

14. BFT - John

BFT - John New Member

Coatesy - PM sent to you regarding our company and a free offer to come and visit us with a touch of hospitiality to show you what we do as your comments are 100% incorrect. We have our own facilities, rolling road and master devices etc. So I find this comment unfair and untrue.

To be clear this was not Big Fish Tuning. We write our own maps and it is solely me. No one works for me or ever has done. A 1.8T you should be able to flash by OBD unless it has been tamperered with a protection board recently.

I wrote a post but it hasn't appeared so trying again.

This is to clear up incorrect comments, and nothing to do with advertising to be clear.

Regards,
    John @ Big Fish Tuning
    sales@bigfishtuning.co.uk

15. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6

John, thanks for your comments on this thread, I have been keeping an eye on it for a while.

For now, no posts have broken any rules, they are all based on people's experiences and opinions.

I'd just like to remind all further contributors to remain respectful of all parties.

16. coatesy

coatesy poking badgers with spoons

I have spoken with john, he has invited me up to his place of work for a look around and personaly show me how his maps are made, to give me a better over view on his company on the whole.

My comment I made was not because I use a different tuner. It was the the fact when I researched for over a year for where is best suitable for my custom remap all the feedback I received was negative.

John also mentioned to me there is a few people out there trying to use his name.

I apologized for any upset I caused but when you here so many bad reviews about a place its only right to advise people against to save heart brake of something happens to there car. Maybe my wording was a little strong.

I'm sure after my visit to big fish tuning I will have a positive review to give. Which I will be happy to share with other's.

SilvioD likes this.