1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remap done today now the clutch slips RAAAAAAAA!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Dogtown22, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Dogtown22

Dogtown22 Member

Picked her up around 4 from the place that mapped it, then took it for a drive and everything was great then the clutch starts slipping nooooooooo!!! It drives and goes into gear fine and it's fine if you come up the revs slowly but floor it and it slips. There is no vibration coming throught the peddles or stick so do you think the flywheel is ok?? Cars done 107k

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Az

Az Hard slammed!

I'd say the flywheel 'should' be ok at the minute, but any more hard acceleration and slipping then it will quickly ruin your flywheel. I'd take it nice and easy and stay off boost as much as possible until you can get the clutch replaced. I'd advise to get an uprated clutch if possible too, makes sense to uprate if your having to go through the hassle of replacing anyway, the remap is adding more pressure on your clutch at the end of the day.

4. Dogtown22

Dogtown22 Member

Ok thanks az, the car is going nowhere until Monday morn when it will be taken to the garage. I've been quoted 370 for clutch, 940 if it needs a flywheel!!

5. Alan H

Alan H Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......

Thats about right for supply and fit of clutch and DMF....

6. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

I had a remap at 80,000 miles, clutch slipping at 80,150 miles(!!) My mechanic stripped it down and said the flywheel looked fine, so left it (everyone said change it to be safe, but didn't have the money at the time). Hit 131,000 miles today, - so remapped for 50,000 miles, clutch fine and still on that original flywheel.

7. krisavant

krisavant 4th set of a wheels in a year

You've been slipping for 50,000 miles??

8. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

No, I'm not a lunatic. I left the flywheel where it was at 80k, replaced the clutch and am now at 130k with no probs.

krisavant likes this.
  9. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Mines a diesel, so not really a fair comparison I guess but just before I bought mine the seller fitted a clutch but no flywheel. That was 136k miles, now 30k miles later and it's still fine on original flywheel.

10. Dogtown22

Dogtown22 Member

Do Gsf sell uprated clutches?? And would I need to upgrade the flywheel or replace it with a standard one or just leave it if its ok??

11. Lee.

Lee. New Member

Can you use the vr6 clutch and g60 flywheel on 5 speed boxes?

If it's a 6 speed it's big money for an organic clutch.

12. Dogtown22

Dogtown22 Member

Gona put a sachs clutch in it

13. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Go southbend apr stock them?! Very good clutches no few people who have them and not bad price wise