1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remap Complete :)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Wilonso, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    Hi Guys,

My car was booked in today for a custom remap (I had the choice to go with either a revo remap or a custom remap) the main reason i went with the custom remap was purely because i had read a few threads on the 1.4TFSI and TSI engines being remapped by revo and only producing a few bhp more and that was using 98 ron fuel.

None the less i left the car with the garage they made a custom stainless steel induction kit, did a full remap and removed my resonator/silencer.

Here is the strangely annoying thing.....My car is under 3 years old yet after 3 runs on the rolling road it produced a sorry 116bhp!!! Now considering that the car is supposed to be 125bhp from standard.....It had me scratching my head a little as to why it was so low ? (Any ideas ?)

None the less the garage have stated i should be at the 155-160bhp figure which is very pleasing and im sure will make all the difference to the car. I will post up my feed back and before and after video of the sound when i pick it up tomorrow.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. _G_

_G_ Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    Different rolling roads give diff results. May be worth trying another rolling road elsewhere.
  4. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    I questioned that also but he stated they have it calibrated every 3 months :/
  5. S3AMK20VT

S3AMK20VT Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    not being funny but looks like you've been ripped off. surely you would have asked the garage these questions, any if they couldnt give you a good enough answer I would have told them to leave the car alone. Why did the garage say 155-160bhp, didnt they dyno the car after their remap and give you a definate figure with graphs and any fine tuning. Thats what a custom remap is, car remapped, logged and fine tuned. From what youve said looks like you've been fed loads of sales pitch rubbish.
  6. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    No no i havnt picked up the car yet its still at the garage and when i called up the guy to check on progress he told me once he had finished with the map (after fine tuning) (this was before completion) i should expect anywhere between 155-160 which will be confirmed tomorrow when i pick it up. In addition i dont think any garage would really be able to explain why the factory output is lower than the stated figure ?

The bit i was miffed about was the fact that the factory output was so low. tbh i wasnt expecting miracles from the remap after all the engine is only a 1.4 however it was so flat at certain points in the rev range that i would of got one anyway - should that of given me 10 or 50 bhp would of made no real difference to me. Obviously the more the better. So i will confirm tomorrow when i pick it up.
  7. S3AMK20VT

S3AMK20VT Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    Ok lets see what the garage says. Lets us know tomorrow. Post graphs up too so we can help understand your figures