Remap Complete :)

Wilonso

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My car was booked in today for a custom remap (I had the choice to go with either a revo remap or a custom remap) the main reason i went with the custom remap was purely because i had read a few threads on the 1.4TFSI and TSI engines being remapped by revo and only producing a few bhp more and that was using 98 ron fuel.

None the less i left the car with the garage they made a custom stainless steel induction kit, did a full remap and removed my resonator/silencer.

Here is the strangely annoying thing.....My car is under 3 years old yet after 3 runs on the rolling road it produced a sorry 116bhp!!! Now considering that the car is supposed to be 125bhp from standard.....It had me scratching my head a little as to why it was so low ? (Any ideas ?)

None the less the garage have stated i should be at the 155-160bhp figure which is very pleasing and im sure will make all the difference to the car. I will post up my feed back and before and after video of the sound when i pick it up tomorrow.

Different rolling roads give diff results. May be worth trying another rolling road elsewhere.

Different rolling roads give diff results. May be worth trying another rolling road elsewhere.

I questioned that also but he stated they have it calibrated every 3 months :/

not being funny but looks like you've been ripped off. surely you would have asked the garage these questions, any if they couldnt give you a good enough answer I would have told them to leave the car alone. Why did the garage say 155-160bhp, didnt they dyno the car after their remap and give you a definate figure with graphs and any fine tuning. Thats what a custom remap is, car remapped, logged and fine tuned. From what youve said looks like you've been fed loads of sales pitch rubbish.

No no i havnt picked up the car yet its still at the garage and when i called up the guy to check on progress he told me once he had finished with the map (after fine tuning) (this was before completion) i should expect anywhere between 155-160 which will be confirmed tomorrow when i pick it up. In addition i dont think any garage would really be able to explain why the factory output is lower than the stated figure ?

The bit i was miffed about was the fact that the factory output was so low. tbh i wasnt expecting miracles from the remap after all the engine is only a 1.4 however it was so flat at certain points in the rev range that i would of got one anyway - should that of given me 10 or 50 bhp would of made no real difference to me. Obviously the more the better. So i will confirm tomorrow when i pick it up.

Ok lets see what the garage says. Lets us know tomorrow. Post graphs up too so we can help understand your figures