1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remap by post???

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Golt, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Golt

Golt New Member

[Oct 25, 2007]
    I was trawling my way through Ebay the other night and I noticed a company offering a remap with a decent power hike. The only thing was you had to remove your ECU and post it to them. It was fairly cheap, (99 quid) but not so ridiculous it seemed to be untrue. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing similar?

My first concern would be removing the ECU. How big a job is it?

Second concern is if I did remove it and post, would there be a chance I wouldn't get it back and what would I do if this happened? Can you replace the ECU?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. audia4.36

audia4.36 audi a4.36

[Oct 26, 2007]
    never heard of anyone having their ecu nicked so you could be the first i guess!!!! Honestly sounds far to dodgy, could get damaged or lost in the post, dunno who would be liable but insurance for that may get interesting. Plus theres the fact that most places that do re-mapping etc also include a rolling road test or some other way of showing you how they've changed the car for the better, even if its just a quick drive to make sure you're happy. What happens if you get the ecu back and nothings changed or worst still you put it in and it does damage? Take it somewhere reputable, loadsa guys on here can reccommend mate.
  4. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

[Oct 26, 2007]
    Mike hows it gan like??

ha ha ha, if your after a remap talk to DPM styling on here Damian will sort you out hes over in the north east to so it'll be a day out for ya.

Hows it goin anyways fella??
  5. Golt

Golt New Member

[Oct 28, 2007]
    I have been thinking it was to good to be true. I think I'll leave it well alone.

I'm good Chris cheers. I'll give you a bell for a catch up dude.
  6. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 28, 2007]
    I am getting a remapped ECU from Tapp Auto in Canada for a big turbo conversion.
    many of the big turbo golfs Mk4s are running GIAC or Unitronic files for specific apps. many of these are uploaded on overnight shipped ECU's.

not new