remap bhp questions

Colly

Reaction score
hi guys im looking to get my s3 remaped but im not sure if its worth it these are the mods im looking at can anyone tell me what sort of power id be looking with like a revo or amd remap<br>spec<br>Forge fmic (got)<br>80mm jetex (got)<br>b5 tip (need to order)<br>downpipe and decat (need go order)<br>is there any small and cheap supporting mods that can give small gains?<br>thanks

with an FMIC and a downpipe / decat and a B5 TIP that sounds like a stage 2 spec to me, With the additional kit you should see 280bhp from a healthy revo st2. the difference over stock will be absolutely night and day!

Is it worth fitting a decat with a standard exhaust, or does the rest of it restrict it too much?
I dont want it too loud.

I've been told STD exhaust from cat back is non restrictive or very little .... Only good gains is from uprated manifold, downpipe and de cat or sports cat.

cat back doesnt make much if any difference at all unless you are running quite a bit of power, 300+ ish.
the restrictive part is like you say, the downpipe and cats.

to the OP, 280 is what you should hope for if your car is healthy.

thanks guys thats a great help
how much would i be looking for a stage 2 mapis there any cheap mods to give little gains?

Have you done the diverter valve? I got a revo stage one and forge 008 diverter valve done at Inters and took a second off my 0-60.

Whats the difference between a 007 and 008? And how do i find out which one ive got?
Cheers

Shark Performance Stage 2 map will take you to approx 265bhp just with performance exhaust including downpipe and sports cat so with the rest of the other mods 280bhp is about right.

Has Ben wardle (shark) written a map for the stage 2 mods yet??? I think would have to be live on his dyno at Mansfield but the OP is in isle of man. I think revo would be the one for him.

Has Ben wardle (shark) written a map for the stage 2 mods yet??? I think would have to be live on his dyno at Mansfield but the OP is in isle of man. I think revo would be the one for him.

Yeah he has as the figures quoted in my last post are for Stage 2 with performance exhaust and sports cat. A RR session would be the best idea to get the best out of the map but can be done without it.

can anyone recomend any companies near idealy liverpool or lancaster areas?

can anyone recomend any companies near idealy liverpool or lancaster areas?

You can get that done on the Island as Viper Tuning is based over here and has just done my mapping after getting the mods done here to by Paul at South coast Performance.

You can get that done on the Island as Viper Tuning is based over here and has just done my mapping after getting the mods done here to by Paul at South coast Performance.

yeah one of my friends gave me his number and said to give him a shout i havent yet, but i spoke to him about a stage one map and he was wanting around the same money as big name compaines where you are getting it put on the rolling road etc so i wasnt too keen on that really but its an option thanks

Just got his bill today and your right he is not cheap!! Does seem to know his stuff when it come to custom maps though if you google Viper Tuning and look on the RS4 forums they always seem to speak very highly of his work. But as you say if you can manage the boat trip it is tempting to get it on a rolling road.

yeah ive heard all good about him how much was your custom map if you dont mind me asking?

He normally quotes £400 however I am guessing as mine needed the extra chip soldering on to the ECU and more time than normal in the car the bill has come in at £500!!!

He normally quotes £400 however I am guessing as mine needed the extra chip soldering on to the ECU and more time than normal in the car the bill has come in at £500!!!

jeez that aint cheap then. I think ill just take it to Revo when ive collected all the stuff they want 400 too but its done on a rolling road.
Did you get your 3" dp and decat made over here?

i think he said summat about its was a 512k ecu but they just soldered in a 1024k chip then tuned it as a wideband?
Erm... is that even possible?
I dont know..

Rich at Viper knows his stuff, if you are the Island then goto him!

He may have put an encryption board in. Don't compare him to Revo, it's all custom work and is in a different league.

Rick