Relentless ko3 manifold

antwan64og

Reaction score
Xspower/relentless ko3 manifold any thoughts or reviews on this?

We known the main problem with the KKK turbos is that they are tiny turbine housing. Cranking up the boost raises EGT's, exhaust back pressures, IAT's.

Ko3 and ko4 turbine inlets are 41mm,
An area of 1320 mm squared

This is 62% of a T25 inlet and we ask for similar flow.

The ko4 has enough meat to be ported to 47mm with some manifolds which is 1735 mm squared, a big improvement.

The best we can do for heat management with our little turbines is a better flowing manifold and a big downpipe.

There's not enough meat to port a ko3 turbine inlet so we're left with high heat. All the aftermarket ko3 manifolds have previouslt quickly cracked due to these restrictions so we were limited to a ported stock ko3 manifold.

Xs power/relentless seem to have improved recently and their pro4 manifold seems reliable (so far).

They also have a ko3 offering, which has been revised so you can actually fit bolts in which is nice of them, lol.

Anyone else taking a punt on this to get the most from a ko3 or is the consensus to stick with a ported stock manifold?

And yes we know to bin the crappy gaskets tbey provide with it.

The video below shows it getting a bit hot, they offer it ceramic coated too but I don't know if it helps or is just a gimmick.

15C6AAD6-6D06-428F-AA52-07C3A526EC33_zps229za14h.jpg

(Dyno pic and video are Bills from FB/youtube)

3" turbo back, decat, 386cc injectors, 80mm maf, Sfs tip, cone filter, wellycooler relentless k03 manifold 144k mile engine, no meth injection

Highest no meth enhanced ko3s on Bills dyno if I'm not mistaken.

0C7567B8-0D27-41D0-9259-2D989B2F792B_zps1px58ajt.jpg

Video of the manifold glowing

Reactions: S3 Hilife and Mrharris2
No one ventured to try it?

Ceramic coated

57C1AE40-AAE1-41B6-BCAE-002F6FC2787D_zps2rivyzut.jpg

You could cook marshmellows off this

D63B476B-4802-4A4E-A567-AA6B266476DE_zpsp4rtra1g.jpg

Reactions: superkarl
Ceramic coating won't stop it getting hot but should prevent it from radiating that heat out... the 'ceramic' coating they use is not the best though... proper stuff like the zircotec coating is damn good..

Could try wrapping it...

<tuffty/>

A few of my customers have fitted, some good results but all have said its a ball ache to fit, really head off to do it properly. Know of an early one that cracked but on the main seem ok, but haven't seen anything to say they are any better than a well ported stock manifold..

So the jury's still out regarding longterm reliability.

@badger5
I guess you're not on the XS-power christmas card list, who's cornflakes did you p!ss on, lol

3D47CDD2-4796-49F0-A110-088285F61D43_zpsfzpevea3.png

You really rattled his cage didn't you...!

maybe its just coincidence and they're just pleased about the badger cull

Reactions: S3Alex and superkarl
Will fit before goes in but, still waiting on it so just going to to the timing belt and stuff till it comes hopefully sometime this week, thanks though :) 3 nut on it which are ****** murder the spanner supplied useless and also studs didn't fit :/ and could have save a hundred pound buy through there web site :/

What is different about the turbos...? The hot side looks the same?

Not yet, having some issues need to change the vvt as have rattle sometimes, but every time I try video it it stops :/ and my brand new dmf is very noisy so need them looking at first, just not had the time with work :/

Mounting hole pattern is different as is turbo mounting position... Hotside is very different

<tuffty/>

Cheers bud!

What's a good exhaust manifold for a ko3s?

A standard one... That's been ported...

<tuffty/>

Cheers Tuffty... Ported on both the manifold and the block?
Probably an obvious question, but I like to be sure! =]

Currently looking for a standard manifold to port, is it worth giving this a go myself? Or is Bill my best bet? Not something I want to get wrong, but I guess Bill is definitely more likely to get it to as near as perfect as it's going to get.