Regal Evo motorsport induction kit.

S3-GAZ

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted an Evolution motorsport induction kit from Regal?
I ordered one on sunday, they didnt send me any email confirmation that it was on its way, luckly someone was in when it turned up.
I had a right headache trying to fit it. The pipe work you get is far too long for the space it has to fit into, I had to cut 4cm off the plastic reducer pipe and 3cm off my new forge turbo air intake to squeez it in, and the reducer has a small offtake for the BAM engine with the Aux air pump plastic pipe and my AMK doesnt have that, you get nothing in the kit to blank it off with. I bought it because i had read some good reviews on it and a guy at my local GSF said they give a good power gain.
Wish i'd gone for something else now, but got it done in the end.....
Has anyone else had any problems with them?

Never heard of anyone fitting one tbh.
Whats it like fitted then, any difference in the cars characterstics?

Throttle response seems a bit better and its gives a nice mid range noise, apart from that and Forge silicon hoses and diverter valve its the only mods i've done, so dont expect much yet, I need full exhaust system de-cat and remap to get the best out of it i think.

Bit pants that it didnt fit I think.

I've found 'induction kits' just make a load of noise and dont offer any gains. Green cotton panel filter in a standard airbox is my induction weapon of choice these days.

T

what type of kit are we talking about here.... if its a cone you need a damn good guard against the engine heat or else you wont be seeing any gains at all - not that you would anyway which is why race team use the standard air box with uprated panel

It is a cone and it comes with a plastic shroud with a ducting take off on it to fit a cool air feed, i covered the shroud with 'adhesive backed heat barrier' to reflect the heat. It sounds good but not noticed any power gain, its never been rolling roaded though. You can hear the forge DV when you lift off the throttle its quite loud as the standard airbox muffles the sound. I'll put up a pic soon.

Got pics sorted now.
P6260013.jpg

P6260014.jpg

P6260015.jpg

Looks good but whats with DV being their! Should be near the top!

its a dv relocation kit from forge..... supposed to benefit from colder position altho no-ones clarified if it does or not

induction does look nice, i wouldnt imagine its properly sealed at the top and i wont be going that way myself for no gain in power....... if you want the noise tho id think it would be ideal

Yeah its a relocation kit from forge for the DV, dead easy to fit. Not sure of any noticable gains yet from the bits i've put on, maybe it doesnt like the hot weather.
Im planning for a FMIC, full milltek system and remap by the end of the year.
I've also ordered a blue hose to replace the black joiner on the MAF that came with the induction kit just to colour match the rest. The comments i read about the induction kit say it does breathe better on more heavily modified engines as the standard airbox limits flow at higher boost levels in the upper rev range.

yup the big turbo's tend to benefit from what ive read...... after a few people testing though, it has been found that no filter at all doesnt benefit (maybe a tiny bit) over the standard airbox..... hence why everyone sticks with the panels on a remapped KO4,because you cant get more free flowing than no filter