Regal Autosport Vf Engineering RS/S S3

I'm a novice/thicko on Photobucket. When I click the link Jonny has sent me it defaults to the photobucket homepage. What do I do then ?

I'm a novice/thicko on Photobucket. When I click the link Jonny has sent me it defaults to the photobucket homepage. What do I do then ?

Sorry mate ill send it through for you now, sent you the wrong link!

Jonny

OMG.... That sounds awesome! I miss my V6 but I think that'll do! lol
Put it this way, I wouldn't like picking up a take away and having to drive it home :undwech:
I'm sure it would be warm by the time you get home but im not sure what state it would be in!

longer vid aswell please!!!

Ok, im planning on getting some pictures (of what you can see) of the conversion and also a range of different video's too..

Ill record all of the vids on my friends drive way, really long straight road so perfect for a couple of runs!

Most impressive thing is from 10mph, just sits down and goes!!

Ill get a couple from outside too so you can get an idea of the sound..

As for the intake noise, its actually quieter than the K04, dont ask me why!? lol

The exhaust note has changed to a 'big turbo' noise, if your into your modified cars you will know what I mean, it sounds amazing anyways!

Its is loud, but thats down to the exhaust on my car more than the turbo itself, with a resonated Milltek im sure it would be acceptable for anyone!

Jonny

Ha ha ha - awesome mate, simply awesome.
Looking forward to having a look tomorrow... will bring my camera!

Hot damn! I only spotted this thread now! Well done Jonny, sounds like your car is a beast of note. Please send me the vids so that i can drool long and hard...well done again mate. :salute:

looks awesome, like everyone else says, need to see more

You can hear the shock in the voice of the car passenger carrying the camera. What gear are you in there ? It takes off as if its second but it could easily be third with that level of power. I don't see many production cars matching that on the road - its an awesome creation. What interests me is how it takes corners now - how much of that power can you use and does it overcome quattro traction to tip it into oversteer ? I wouldn't mind knowing what your total spend has been to date to get it to this level but I'm sure you're not about to reveal that !
Well done mate.

The video was made in 3rd gear traction is still not an issue, out of corners you can still go flat without a problem but thats partly down to the tyres the cars running, going to disconnect the Haldex tomorrow for a hoon around, think it could be a different story then haha!!

Apart from internals I have done pretty much everything to the car, some of it is not 100% necessary but I have been building it up since I got the car really, its a project so its never really going to be 'finished'

Jonny

Oh yeah - I forgot the Toyos. I was thinking of that power on my poor Pilots. Not convinced they'd cope too well !!

Saw your video Jonny, very nice. :icon_thumright:

Out of curiosity, how can you disconnect the Haldex ?

Saw your video Jonny, very nice. :icon_thumright:

Out of curiosity, how can you disconnect the Haldex ?

Hey Mate

You can actually take one of the fuse out and it will disconnect the haldex.

Nice videos Jonny:icon_thumright:...I want to see some more videos from inside the car.
How much faster is it from 0-100 mph and 0-120 mph?

Have I missed the vids Jonny..?
Can you send me them on PM if so?

Hey Mate

You can actually take one of the fuse out and it will disconnect the haldex.

Nice videos Jonny:icon_thumright:...I want to see some more videos from inside the car.
How much faster is it from 0-100 mph and 0-120 mph?

Yeah you can either pull the fuel or disconnect the electrical connector at the haldex unit.. Its only for fun really.. :)

The car is a HUGE amount faster at all speeds, its hard to explain the difference without anyone feeling it for themselves, put it this way, I had a little play with a friend of mines 996 Turbo S and well.. Im not going to say what happened because Ill just get a load of stick!! ;)

Wow, I can see some sun in the sky!! Ill get the car clean and get some good pics! :)

Jonny

Yeah you can either pull the fuel or disconnect the electrical connector at the haldex unit.. Its only for fun really.. :)

The car is a HUGE amount faster at all speeds, its hard to explain the difference without anyone feeling it for themselves, put it this way, I had a little play with a friend of mines 996 Turbo S and well.. Im not going to say what happened because Ill just get a load of stick!! ;)

Wow, I can see some sun in the sky!! Ill get the car clean and get some good pics! :)

Jonny

We want videos of that:jump:

Your car must be low to flat 12 sec. car now on the quartermile:respekt:

I caught up with Jonny today and he took me out for a spin. All I can say is "Wow!".
As Jonny says, the car comes on boost very progressively and just builds and builds. It sounds awesome, a lot nicer actually, and the speed with which Jonny was having to catch the next gear had me laughing! The irony of it is, that when you're finished driving hard, it will pootle about like any other S3!!!!
It truly has to be seen to be appreciated!
If I was keeping my car for longer, this is something I would seriously consider, as the embarrasment it can (and no doubt will!!) cause cars of signifcantly higher price and stature would be priceless!

Hat off to Jonny (again!) for raising the benchmark!!!
What makes me laugh most is he's not finished yet!!!!

Thanks again for the spin out in the car mate - I'll grab you a beer if you come down the night before Audi Driver International.
:thumbsup:

Just been playing around with my RR graphs again, and thought that you might all like to see how jonny's beasty compares with a standard S3:

Power Graphs
jonnycRRPower.jpg

Torque Graphs
jonnycRRTorque.jpg

The plots are obviously taken from different rolling roads, so they aren't guaranteed for accuracy, but I think you get the idea :wacko:

Well done jonny :salute:!

Phil

Thats awesome mate!

Thanks for doing that, the graphs show pretty much exactly how the difference between the two cars feel!

Jonny:)

Jonny's car is going to be an amazing 2nd hand purchase when he decides to get rid of it!

Jonny, now that you mention the PCV mod, have you looked into this? Seems like a much better solution that most previous alternatives. Definitely worth a look with the boost levels you are running at.

Btw, what are you intercooler plans?

Jonny's car is going to be an amazing 2nd hand purchase when he decides to get rid of it!

Lol dont I know!

Decided that im keeping the car for atleast another couple of years though, at the moment there is nothing out there that I can realistically afford that does it for me.. Apart from possibly the TT-RS if and when that is released!

Jonny, now that you mention the PCV mod, have you looked into this? Seems like a much better solution that most previous alternatives. Definitely worth a look with the boost levels you are running at.

Btw, what are you intercooler plans?

What do you mean looked into it? The mod works really well, I dont know if anyone else has felt that your can randomly feels a bit sluggish, I put it down to the PCV allowing a certain amount of boost to leak from the inlet manifold, after the mod I have never had that feeling again..

The OEM S3 intercooler is very good actually, logs on Vag-Com have the inlet temps at 38 degrees on full boost high revs, and quickly recover to 35 degrees when driving normally, they were recorded when the ambient was 18 degrees, so its working very well..

For now im going to stick with it, there is something in development which ill try on the car but im not 100% sure even with my cars level of boost and power im going to see a noticeable improvement..

Jonny

Think I would get ripped to shreds if I put something like that on my car! ha.. I have taken all of the badges off actually.. could stick a 1.4 badge on tho;)

I've missed this. Any links to details of the PCV mod to save it being repeated just for me?

2nd pic down in update 3 on the main post, explains it and there is a pic too:)

Ahh I see, yeah the BSH PCV kit looks pretty good, the block off that im running at the moment seems to be working ok really for now..

Im really want to get the forged internals in my car and do a couple more bits, I had convinced myself once I did this I would be happy with it!! arrgh.. lol

That converion is stunning!! You must be chuffed. Are you coming to the RR Southern, I d be interested in a ride??

Decided that the car is going to get treated to a set of low compression pistons and forged rods along with improved fueling and a big set of brakes in the near future, should allow me to run the car a fair bit harder, go up on the boost and run the turbo closer to its full potential..

Not really sure how much more power potential there is in this turbo but we will find out im sure!

The S3 chassis is very very capable, it swallows up the power and torque effortlessly, so it can have some more! :)

Jonny

oh sweet! just noticed you have an E92 M3 as well? can you post a head to head video with it?
IMG_5418.jpg

oh sweet! just noticed you have an E92 M3 as well? can you post a head to head video with it?
IMG_5418.jpg

M3 wouldn't stand much of a chance I wouldn't have thought. Heavier, less power and less torque.

Jonny, just caught the vid you send through. Sounds supurb and looks like a rocket.

Good work.

Jonny : This is just awesome !!!! Well done on the mods. I would love to have a drive in ur beast oneday !!!