1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refurbished my alloys and kerbed already... GRRRR!!!!!!!

hazey7 May 5, 2012

1. hazey7

hazey7 Member

Those bl00dy 255/35/19s don't give you a cat in hells chance do they.

never again.....

2. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

get something with a decent fat sidewall, eagle f1s for example

3. JPH

JPH New Member

4. crispin

crispin Member

Just looked at Alloy Gator..seems like a headache to me! Nice idea but very fiddly

5. hazey7

hazey7 Member

I had 40 profiles on my A4 2.0T that had an extended sidewall ridge that was supposed to protect alloys - they didnt. The forces of a car going against a kerb are just too great, the sidewalls are pushed away by the kerb, the best they can do is hopefully make a noise so that you can make adjustments...

Those Alloygators would have to be extremely strong plastic to withstand the forces - Yes, it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has them fitted?

6. ChrisFurlong

ChrisFurlong Avantageous

I had those Alloygators on my mums TT, and after a couple of weeks one of them flew off on the motorway! And they weren't put on wrong, glued and everything like there supposed to. I personally didn't like them. Myself, it took me 9 months to scratch my brand new set of TTRS wheels on my old car, I always dip the mirror when parking.

I would just recommend being a little bit more careful when parking :D