"Refreshing" my TQS and a big thanks

LSL

Luke
Reaction score
So after neglecting my car for a while now due to being skint, it going wrong a lot and thinking about selling it.. I decided, mostly due to you guys, that I'm going to pull my finger out and get it sorted, tart it up a bit and give it a remap for some hopefully trouble free and fun motoring!

Here's how it looked just after buying it and doing a few little cosmetic bits
xLA7oCxl.jpg

HhqQNoWl.jpg

...and here's some of the bits for what I'll be doing to it
2duZCbEl.jpg

The postman's been like Santa the past few days:laugh:

The plan is to get it running as sweet as possible before the remap, so doing lots of servicing jobs and sorting out little bits along with a few small choice mods here and there. I won't list everything because the list is as long as my arm atm!!
And of course a couple of cosmetic bits too :icon_thumright:

Anyways just servicing a TQS isn't very exciting which is why the main point of this post was to say a big thanks to this forum! Without all of you guys, the forums collective knowledge, modification threads, all of the 'how to' threads etc. I wouldn't of had the motivation or know-how to do anything and would have just part-exd it for some cheap oil burner! You guys really know your s**t and don't seem to get annoyed with us new guys asking stupid questions haha.

So the jobs for tomorrow are laser wheel alignment because it got messed up when the garage did my cv boots, clearing out the garage then haldex, gearbox and diff oil changes and go from there! Also need to do some data logging to try figure this boost problem out :think:

I'll keep this updated if people are interested and will be happy to answer questions or explain anything I'm doing.

Luke.

Excellent news :) glad to hear you've been inspired :)

Let us all know how it goes, and of course, if you get any problems along the way just ask :)

carnt let a TQS go to waste there rare as rocking horse .... well u know the rest

All about the blue TQS' :lmfao:

Looks a nice clean example, and that amount of bits to sort looks like it'll be well looked after.

what does the tqs stand for mate? just out of intrest?

Cheers guys :happy: and yeh it is Reesy! about half way through reading you thread, giving me lots of bad (for my wallet) ideas!

Well didn't get as much done as I hoped this weekend due to not having the right tools as always...
Still had it 4 wheel laser aligned, cleaned the TB, new brake fluid (big improvement), fuel filter, dipped and indicator bulbs and sorted some chips on the center console. Grille surround is off so I can grit blast and paint it properly tomorrow. Also fitted a new oem air filter whilst I'm getting the bits sorted for an s2k filter and SAI removal.

One thing I noticed whilst doing the TB was the gasket hadn't been put on square so it was protruding into the bore by a couple mm, I trimmed it back with a new stanley blade. I don't know if this will actually make much of a difference but it seems more rev happy!

Here's how it looked before trimming, can see it looks burnt
nA9H0LSl.jpg

After a clean and rain-x
E4RIDLnl.jpg

Biggest probs right now are a seized haldex drain plug and not having a full version of vcds!

How's the project going? I'm in the same position, just starting out now. Denim blue QTS.

been well over a year since his last update so dont think you'll be hearing much from him! over a year since he last logged in as well