Refresh before irish trip !!

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right ive decided im going for the refresh kit from allgerman, as just getting stuff on the car sorted and they need doing as im going over to ireland in july/august to see family over there and have a week off with the mrs and kids so basically im trying to get the car in a sort of reliable state for the trip over there as doing holyhead to dublin.

now what else would you say i do when the rear ends apart and what else would i need thats not in the kit ?

im getting a new rear diff seal, front cv joint/boot, oil/filter, box & diff oil change and alignment.

Will be taking coolant, brake fluid, oil, power steering fluid, screenwash out else ??

also my turbo is smoking in traffic as think seals have gone im thinking of throwing the F21 on along with the VR6 MAF and injectors i didnt want to use it but id rather do it than it go but im in two minds as to wether they do momentum or super unleaded in rep of ireland as dont want to do it then have to run on 95, and i wont mind traveling to put it in as we will be out most days as the mrs and kids havent been before.

Could i adjust it to 12 psi with actuator and n75 unplugged and fit the maf/injectors when i get home ??

Its already set to 8 or 7psi but will have to reset it i guess. But wont it be a PITA to adjust once i get back with everything bolted back up ??

See when i originally fitted the F4 i left the N75 plugged in and it would hit 14psi pretty quick but would also boost spike like mad under load in say 3rd gear.

yeh, its just about finding the right balance. If you set it too high, then even with the N75 unplugged your running the risk of flowing so much air that you trip the fuel cut.

I'm reckoning doing it at 10psi as thats what the F4 seems to do at the minute with the N75 plugged in and is in the middle, then maybe see around 200hp with injectors and maf and N75 unplugged ?? What you reckon ??

I just dont want to have to remove the turbo when i get back to set the actuator again, unless some one wants to give me a GT28 and T25/28 manifold then i can nail these bits on that arrived today :)

Make sure your arms and bushings are all in good shape!! You will be appaled at how s##t the roads are over here.
What part of the country you travelling to?

Killiney, Dun Laoghaire

Front arms are less than 2 years old probably 20k on them, just want the bits done i no about done so i no in my mind it will get there and back its on 167k now so clocking up some milage lol

Just left dun laoighre there a couple of hours ago.. As B5 Biker said tho you will be absolutely shocked by the state of our roads.. For a 1.9 diesel car it's approximately €800 to tax for the year.. And for what?? Buckled wheels wrecked suspension everything..

Reactions: B5 BIKER
Well if i got all bushes etc done all that could go wrong in my eyes is a snapped spring or burst shocker, but then that would be an excuse to lower it :)

Last edited:
Well i was approaching traffic other day and was turning down a side street just where the traffic was grinding to a hault tried to do a quick manouver round a traffic island and bumped the rear wheel up the island lol

And yes i will be lowering it but not just yet maybe when i get back from ireland as got to much stuff coming up stag do, hen do, birthdays etc so will just get the bushes done and then go for some eibach pros or maybe save a little and get shock and spring combo, weitec or similar as the shocks are probably been on since new and nearly at 170k !! Suggestions ??

Last edited:
Not from me, I know jack all ;)

I'm still putting off fitting my new brake lines ha.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Take it off, cut the end square and refit.

Ran the avant like that for about a year :p

You just need to adjust the rubber seat thing round so it all lines up.

Reactions: Bradderz_1988
I would prefer to just leave as is for now then get some eibachs or spring/shocks. Anyone used TA technix coilovers or is this just a no go ?? Id prefer to keep the ride as is and just lower and more flush.