1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refixing S-line badge - what to use?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by munchkincoupe, Oct 9, 2010.

1. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Oct 9, 2010]
    Some little scr*te has attempted to steal one of my side strip s-line badges today. Luckily not damaged the bodywork but they have bent the badge. I'm not going to be able to straighten it without taking it off. Before I do I need to know what adhesive product to re-back it with so it sits the same as before and won't fall off even if receiving a little persuasion!

Thanks for any advice
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. jimmy77

jimmy77 Member

[Oct 9, 2010]
    little tw##s!! just remove it,you might need to cut with knife and remove the double sided tape and use new double sided tape mate,you can get it on rolls but its expensive or if you have any just use mirror double sided sticky pads and trim to size!!!
  4. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Oct 9, 2010]
    What's the strongest double sided brand you can get without damaging the paint surface?
  5. jimmy77

jimmy77 Member

[Oct 9, 2010]
    errrm, well i use either 3m or some stuff in a red box which i cant remember the name!!! heat it up with a heat gun and it will stick better,if you have some use thinners or your mrs nail varnish remover to clean the bonding surfaces first!! you wont damage the paint with the sticky stuff!!
  6. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

7. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

[Oct 11, 2010]
    Hmmmnn.difficult one that.If you think that the pondlife will be back, Id be tempted to use something that wouldnt take a massive effort to remove.That way youll only lose the badge.If its stuck on really well, they might use a screwy/blade to remove it, then you have no badge and body damage.God id love to catch em at it.
  8. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Oct 11, 2010]
    It happened whilst car was parked at the Trafford centre so shouldn't happen again. I parked in a cr*p spot too!

I tried the only 3M tape I could find near me but it was too thick once stuck on so I removed it again and used the double sided number plate tape from Halfrauds - looks the same as other side now

Thanks for replies fellas