1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redex Millers wynns...

klix11 Jun 2, 2008

1. klix11

klix11 New Member

Hi, i would like to use an fuel additive and want your advice on which you one you guys would reccomend/use in a 1.9tdi
    thanx

2. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

personally i've used redex a lot on other cars espec. diesels and it does seem to work, it has a delay while its cleaning then it will work after that fuel is gone and the car seems better for ages.

I must admit to not being a fan of car additives, usually if they were that good the manufacturer would use it already, however fuel system and injector cleaners are a bit different because injector spray will deteriorate over time so they can't account for that, but most new fuels have detergents built in so if you use optimax, v-power, city diesel etc then maybe you wont notice any difference?

3. Marko

Marko Member

I doubt the manufacturer would use it, those boogers will lose out on valuable dosh if the injectors, EGRs, and turbos didn't bung up... perhaps a little cynical.

I use Forte diesel treatment at every service I do. Very good stuff. Not a performance enhancer in that it doesn't increase the octane. It's very good for injectors and thus ensuring a complete burn.

4. Marko

Marko Member

That said I do have a bottle of Miller DSP4 that I occasionaly put in.