1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redex - B6 TDI 130 Sport on 140k - a good idea?

DALE_AVANT Mar 5, 2012

1. DALE_AVANT

DALE_AVANT Member Audi A4 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group

As title.

Read various opinions on here, and unsure whether or not Redex Diesel treatment would be the way to go.

Any thoughts specific to this car?

2. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Shouldn't see why not! - I use Millers EcoMax myself.

Effects may be placebo but it seems to have helped mine.

The reason I use it in mine is because apparently modern diesels lack lubricant for the diesel pump - additives claim to add lubrication as well as help clean up injectors - weather or not it works I don't have any evidence, I just use it every other tank along with good diesel.

3. StuG808

StuG808 1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

I wouldn't use any of that stuff. Even though I've been persuaded by various adverts in my youth, I think the effect could be bettered by just throwing my money out the car window and enjoying the weight-saving benefits.

4. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member

I have used it in the past but it seems too expensive now and I dont think it made much difference so I stick to V Power which does

5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

i stick a bottle in my tank every 3 months, car runs as smooth as, so im happy.

6. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

same as turkster 1 bottle every 3 mths....... runs sweet.... even went back to awesome and upgraded to a custom map

7. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User