Red S3 Brake Calipers - Yes Or No?

Red Brake Calipers - Yes Or No?

• Total voters
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411086976042318

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411086990608016

Got mine done this week, IMO think it improves the cars look.

Reactions: veeeight
Don't think I've seen any with painted calipers apart from the standard red or black. Pics welcomed, when you doing yours then? Straight away?

Well, as soon as I get the car! Haven't had BW confirmed but my local dealer (Aberdeen) have advised on a December delivery :(. Will be booking it in the following week for the wheels and calipers to be done :).

Haha Aran, I knew you'd pop up with your photos!

Reactions: Aran383
Am I the only one who has order these cant be many.

Attachments

• 20141223_114531.jpg
    20141223_114531.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,796
  • 20141223_094714.jpg
    20141223_094714.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,338
  • 20141223_114520.jpg
    20141223_114520.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 807
Not seen many. I was torn on mine but decided against it as I preferred the understated look. They are very nice though.

I think not many do it as Audi charge a bomb and they're just painted! You can do it yourself for £20

Personal choice thing really. I quite like them.

Certainly sets of that awful blue colour.

DSC 0184small

The red calipers look good on the silver cars, but not at the price they charge, so just I left mine black

Don't get me wrong, I do like the the look a lot. I just don't think it's practical to keep them clean. 5 months of the year they'll be covered in slush and salt, the other 7 months with brake dust from aggressive summer driving. Do the people that have them find this to be an issue? Or do you take the wheels off every time you wash the car??

I can assure you mine wont get dirty. The wheels, inside and out get cleaned at least once a week..........

There's quite a bunch of OCD owners on here................

If it were £325 for upgrade to Brembo's then it would be a no brainer.

The red calipers on my Alfa Sportiva were fairly easy to clean with iron x spray and the jet wash.

I think it's very colour dependant suits sepang and black very well it's just a shame that the pad and s3 logo is still black.

Reactions: pat15312
When I had my A4 brake calipers painted red it looked nice at first, but after a while it got dirty and I got a bit OCD about it too lol
Hence why this time I left it standard black, and even if it gets dirty you wouldn't notice it much.

If I do decide to sell the car in a couple of years, I know the red brake calipers won't be to everyone's taste where as black will be more universal, and slightly easier to sell.

Reactions: Blackwhite
Possibly a silly question, but the red paint... is it matte?
Difficult to tell in all the pics, but it surely isn’t glossy.....?

Personally, I wouldn't have spec'd/paid for them @ £325, although they do look good on my FL S3BE.......think that the colour goes well with the BE accents and wheels, and the Ara paint.....but, as I said, I would not have paid for them had I spec'd freely - can't notice them when I am driving :p

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yeah I wouldn’t pay that either... hence I’m doing it myself. Haha

My S3 is black with black rims... just need to add a wee bit of color.
But yeah, need to get the paint color as accurate as possible.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Total rip off.

They are painted in the 1st place so £325 to apply a different shade of paint is taking the ****

They do look a bit odd too though with what looks like a black plaque saying S3 mounted on a red caliper - the whole lot needs to be red IMO a la ...

Red brake calipers on the audi rs3

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Tom.H and Jassyo06
If your handy with a paint brush and can get a new S.... Transfer why not or it's a whole lot easier if you have a pre face lift car as you can simply paint around/mask off the S3 plaque
But no l wouldn't/didn't give Audi for them

Reactions: Tom.H
Painted mine gloss red and then fitted red OEM calipers covers after. Photos on my Instagram but here's one:

Attachments

• IMG_5003.JPG
    IMG_5003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 408
Reactions: 54V4G3
I did my old S3 callipers myself, fairly straight forward and rewarding. You can choose the colour then.

But as others have said the paint fades / gets dirty over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my old S3 callipers myself, fairly straight forward and rewarding. You can choose the colour then.

But as others have said the paint fades / gets dirty over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think that's quite dependant on the person/how the calipers prepped/what paints used etc regarding fading.

I found the oem black ones got dirty anyway, that's partly why I painted mine, the black ones always looked dirty even after they'd been cleaned

Think that's quite dependant on the person/how the calipers prepped/what paints used etc regarding fading.

I found the oem black ones got dirty anyway, that's partly why I painted mine, the black ones always looked dirty even after they'd been cleaned

Meant more faded from dust then anything but I agree

Reactions: CarloS3
Brushed mate - won't lie took a while to do but im a do it once do it right kinda guy. Well worth the time though :)

Same here! Pic looks good, think I'm gonna do mine next year.

Reactions: CarloS3
If a cars got a BBK then paint it any colour but personally I think the red S3 calliper looks very tacky and £300 odd is shocking

If a cars got a BBK then paint it any colour but personally I think the red S3 calliper looks very tacky and £300 odd is shocking

Yep. Standard brakes aren’t big enough to shout about lol.

Originally I was going to do mine privately as wasn’t paying the silly Factory price but I actually quite like them black with the logo.

I do like the lime colour you see on some Porsche’s .

I've got a viper green S3 8V. Debating on what colour I could paint my calipers and do I do all four.

I've got a viper green S3 8V. Debating on what colour I could paint my calipers and do I do all four.

I got the rears painted red and wish I'd left them black. They are too small to draw attention to IMO

Getting mine painted independently this weekend and getting an alloy refurbed. Had them on for a few months now with no issues.... Managed to curb it on my driveway :(