1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Arrows "Too British" for 2012

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Caesium, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Oct 10, 2007]
    The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed "too British".
    Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be "offensive" to other countries taking part in the Games. The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team "too militaristically British". Red Arrows pilots were said to be "outraged", as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being "too British" is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain ..
    The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.
    The Arrows performed a short fly-past in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their fly-past at the Games was to have been truly spectacular.
    It is to be hoped that common sense prevails.
    If you disagree with this decision, sign the petition on the link

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/?ref=redArrows2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. DriveByShooters

DriveByShooters Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Signed!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. marms

marms Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Signed.

How utterly ridiculous. The Red Arrows would represent our nation perfectly. They have been under increasing pressure over the last few years and looked like disappearing for ever. That would be a great shame.

I actually live close to RAF Scampton and enjoy watching the Arrows practicing on a regular basis.

So come on folks, get petitioning and lets see them do our Country proud in 2012.
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Signed, I've always loved the red arrows from when I was younger, so long may they continue...
  6. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Excuse my language, but what a load of ******* ridiculous fat hairy ********, they'll be telling us next that the St Georges will be banned for fear of upsetting someone.

Excuse me while I look online to order a large penis suit to wear because obviously the tree hugging fuckwit who came up with that policy is a big fat spineless overly-politically correct pussy, and im gonna wear my suit & **** them good and hard!!!!

:gun2: :gun2: :gun2:
  7. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 10, 2007]
    I'm sure a lot of us would agree with you there, just didn't have the bottle to post it in such a way! :lmfao::respekt:
  8. DriveByShooters

DriveByShooters Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Any chance you can be more specific? Im not really sure what you're trying to say! :lmfao:
  9. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Please dont hold back say what you meen.
  10. audi80sport

audi80sport is it home time yet?

[Oct 10, 2007]
    signed and signed! what a crock of sh!t. soon we wont be able to say english on forms for jobs...it will be some stupid Policitaly Correct term...
  11. audi80sport

[Oct 10, 2007]
    well said nickynibbles!!!
  12. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    better not hold the olympics in the UK at all, the whole place is British
  13. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

[Oct 10, 2007]

Dunno at this rate by 2012 calling it britain and england might be too offensive. So the country formerly known as england will just be land.
  14. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Somewhere in the northern hemisphere an island is staging the 2012 olympics
  15. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Lol sounds like a film trailer
  16. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    I know hope I haven't offended you!
  17. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Signed then LMAO :rockwoot:you got it in one, the olympics are in England so we should show them some English things, people are already going to come over here and see all the Chavs and the litter and the **** transport and the high tax rates and the expensive living conditions and the rubbish government and the rubbish olympic logo and the waste of time dome and the smelly river thames compelete with shopping trollys and floating tramps and the congestion charge and the bendy buss that kill you at least lets show other countries somthing that we are prowd to say is brittish !!!!!!!

:icon_thumright:
  18. clcollins

clcollins Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    I’ll be emailing the link to my friends and colleagues. Yet another nail in the coffin of Britain, more so England and common sense.

What is it about this country, I think the most discriminated person in GB is the able bodied white English male. Please don’t get me wrong, this is not about colour, race, ability or sex. Our so called representatives, be they local or national government seem to have a such a perverse sense of guilt and political correctness that they think it’s appropriate to bend over and take anything that comes it’s way. Of course the policy makers have nothing to do with real life and I honestly believe they have no idea whatsoever how ridicules life for the everyday person is.
  19. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    when do apply for my island in the northern hemisphere passport?
  20. Nickynibbles

[Oct 11, 2007]
    Update..............i've got my penis suit on order from the local fancy dress shop, it should be cumming soon.......boom boom!!!

Anyway, did anyone see the Pride of Britain awards last night with John Smeaton & his terrorist bashing buddies? Love his attitude and love the coments he made on the video clip about not standing it if Glaswegians cause trouble, let alone anyone else. Spot on attitude in my view and the boy deserves more than just that award, Deputy Prime Minister perhaps? Gordon's a scot after all so why not a another for his Deputy, someone with balls though!!!
  21. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Oct 11, 2007]
    I haven't a clue mate but you will have to pay for your own identity card anywhere between £90 and £300 according to the press but you won't be obliged to carry it.So WTF is it for.Illeagals and undesirables will still be pouring into this country unabated.
  22. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

[Oct 11, 2007]
    This is England, we are MEANT to be British arnt we?

If the games were held in Africa, would they ban black people for being TOO african?

no.

What a load of ****. This is Britain, we are British, if you dont like it, then **** off.
  23. audi80sport

24. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Oct 12, 2007]
    See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes.
    Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to **** all the time without thinking it through.
    But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to **** all over everything!
    So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes.
    And if they didn't **** the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your **** and your pussy all covered in ****!
  25. Nickynibbles

[Oct 12, 2007]
    And who said Matt Stone & Trey Parker (aka South Park creators) would never amount to anything!! That speech from Team America World Police nearly caused me to rupture my spleen and burst my lungs from laughing so hard!!

Oh, another update by the way on the large penis suit, im having 2nd thoughts as to whether i'd be able to pull it off..............boom boom!!:jump:
  26. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Oct 12, 2007]
    LOOK OUT ITS NICKY!!
    [​IMG]
  27. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Oct 14, 2007]
    Signed!
    like all above wot a load of ********!
    if your english, be proud! am a scot and proud of it
    am sick of people who tell us it MIGHT OFFEND , these people have either came to OUR country to work or for these games because its on a whole a good country, not run by a dictator(blairs left lol) ,you have the right to say you dont like something yes , but it has to show common sence !
    the red arrows go from show to show thrilling crowds no matter wot colour/religion the are there to "wow" the crowds show people wot our brave men & woman from the armed forces can do , i only hope common sence prevails and this decision is reversed !
  28. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

[Oct 14, 2007]
    I think this forum is too biased towards Audi/VAG.

:slap:
  29. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Oct 14, 2007]
    :lmfao:
  30. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

[Oct 15, 2007]