Recycling

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Anyone else making an effort in doing some recycling?

For the last 3 months or so, me and my missus have seperated our cardboard/paper/plastic bottles etc. and it's reduced our household waste to just one bag a week, this use to be 2-3 bags. And we make a visit to the recycle bins maybe once a fortnight.

Doing a little to help the environment. :icon_thumright:

The council come and collect are plastics and cardboard which is nice and handy otherwise i would'nt bother

i used to be keen on recycling cardboard and plastic sorted into the green bin household waste in the black bin until one day i got held up behind the bin wagon and watched them empty both bins into the same truck

i used to be keen on recycling cardboard and plastic sorted into the green bin household waste in the black bin until one day i got held up behind the bin wagon and watched them empty both bins into the same truck

Heh! I remember a Dilbert strip about that last year.

I fill my recycling bin pretty much every fortnight with paper, tins & plastics, and maybe one carrier bag of non-recycleable in the same time.

Shame our council doesn't take bottles & jars...

Cheers,

Yeah I do it :yes:

All glass and plastic bottles etc go in a green box, and papers and card go in a green bag. It's so easy it's rude not to!

How strange, but I was just looking this up on the net, as im really frustrated with the collections being all out of schedule now coz of the crap weather!!!

But yea, im bigtime into recycling all my bottles, metals, cardboard etc, its really good and makes a huge difference, I now ony fill a black bag every two weeks!!!

Although it is just me and the missus....

Yep, I'm a big recycling fan.

I recycle every possible thing I can, and luckily we have an enthusiastic council and great amenity tip just down the road.

I compost tons of stuff too.

I separate it too - our council collects bottles separately, card / paper & general waste, so we do it all, makes it easy.

That isn't good.

The Mrs and I have been recycling for years here in Fareham.

I guess as Hampshire have energy generating incinerators for our non-recycled waste, at least that can generate power if they have to burn it rather than find a buyer for the recycled materials.

Paul