1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TQS, Nov 3, 2006.

?

Best for car recovery...

Poll closed Nov 17, 2006.
  1. RAC

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. AA

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Green Flag

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Other (please state)

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. TQS

TQS Member

For those without the comfort of Audi warranty, what do people go for nowadays out RAC, AA and Green Flag??
  2. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

AA for me, but I agonised over the decision for a while...

My main thought about the RAC was that they handle a lot of stuff for Audi, so they probably know their onions. On the other hand though, the AA have more of their own patrols, and offer parts and labour cover for repairs which was unmatched at the time I was signing up. They now only have a 'lite' version (something like 3 x £500 claims per year as opposed to the daddy 3 x £1000 claim option which they used to have), but I guess either way it's probably worth having if you've no warranty.

Regards,

Rob.
  3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I only started to have AA recovery when I bought the S3, due to it being turbocharged, I thought it was cheap insurance in the event of a breakdown. I've made use of them twice in 4 years membership, my gearbox woes in the S3 last month, and putting petrol into my Passat TDI at BP 3 years ago :keule: , it's paid for itself already!, and they havn't let me down. :thumbsup:
  4. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

AA cover .......is through my bank account
  5. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

I've been with the AA for 10 years,.....................and they've been superb ;)

I've certainly had my money's worth with all the Vauxhalls I had LOL!!
  6. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

im with RAC, never used em though yet !
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

AA for me too after seeing that documentary on the RAC selling people batteries they didn't need at the side of the road.
  8. 28v6

28v6 Guest

I've been with the RAC 10 years now and can't fault the guys in my area...

1/ Clutch plate went at late on a Friday night, sent a guy out in a van to check it over, he organised a flat bed to tow me to the nearest garage. On arrival I was told that he wasn't supposed to Ferry me home from the garage.. however as he knew where I stayed , no worries he'll gimme a lift..

2/ Pedal box failure, again towed in and again relayed home in the van...

3/ Engine Failure courtesy of VAG (Don't Ask!!!) Towed in on a flat bed, was in formed that I couldn't be given a lift home as I'd asked to be taken to the garage..."But I'll call and see where Wullie is, I know he's on shift just know and he stays up the road from you.." Wullie turned up and gave me a lift home...

So no, I can't fault them at all been pretty good, mind you haven tried any of the other services...
  9. Mart

Mart Active Member

I think it depends if you need just for your car, or you want to be covered in any car. As I get my breakdown through my car insurance, find I get it at a much better cost, and tends to cover everything. (Obviously is only the car that is covered then)
  10. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

I got mine through Tesco, bargain and it's green flag really.
  11. Donald_MacIver

Donald_MacIver Member

Other for me, i call my dad or my brother and they come to my rescue! Works out cheaper too ;) Have to say since i got my first Audi, i have never had to call them out:yes:
  12. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

AA for me ,
    been a member for 6 years and only had to call them out once for me(few other times for family/friends) with a snapped driveshaft ,car taken to garage me taken to airport (24hrs car hire) and on way in under a hour of phone call! for my money you cant beat that !
  13. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

I have mine linked to my insurance through direct line, and they use Green Flag. I must say, they were excellent a couple of weeks ago. The immobiliser had kicked in when I was about 40 miles from home, and my car needed recovering. They sent a flatbed (a quattro can't be towed) and recovered me to my house as the dealer was closed at midnight on Saturday. They then picked the car up from my home on Monday morning and took it to the dealer for me, without any extra charges.:thumbsup: