1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended tuners South West - Badger 5

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AJC, Mar 10, 2011.

1. AJC

AJC 3rd Gear

Just wanted to add my thanks to Bill and Tuffty for sorting out my S3 over the past few months. :thumbsup:

Since owning the car I've been to various other garages for routine maintenance and advice but no-one in my area has more specific model knowledge of the S3 8L like Bill and Tuffty. Cannot thank them enough for sorting and tweaking my old car back into life, she has never run better! I don't know of anywhere else where you can sample one of the best K4 hybrid's or BT S3 and get an idea of what's possible before you part with your cash. True it helps when Tuffty or Welly is around and happy to take you for a test drive, but assuming you get back in one piece (Welly??!!) it is a great advert for what is possible with these cars. Bill is also now working full time at the workshop and not just evenings and weekends so I haven't had to wait long to get my car done. Fine service you offer Bill, damn shame you're not a main dealer!!!
  2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

LOL how many s3s are they in that part of the uk??? im lucky if i see one a month on the road
  3. finesse

finesse Active Member

there are 1000s of S3 over there seen it for myself
  4. cecilthesausage

cecilthesausage ...It's Never Finished...

Shame I,m f@@kin 4 Hours away......:keule: Cos bag of spanners and my precious seem to be a marriage made in heaven at the moment......Which along with all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.....:banghead:
  5. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Welcome to Audi ownership..... lol.
  6. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

This is what I like about my S3. I'm tinkering with it every week and its a hobbie now. If the thing never went wrong i'd never learn anything mechanical ;)
  7. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

Amen to that brother!
  8. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

Thanks for the very kind words Andy.
    Hope Mrs Andy is ok btw..

your miltek box is still here when you want it.

As for main dealer.. Hmmm I could double my rates and still be cheaper than the Audi dealer main rate..
    It seems dealers employ "fitters" of parts, with a few of them knowing tuning, or mods, and what works mod wise and what doesn't... including basic fault finding.
    Maybe they're not so interested in non-current models now.. I dunno..

anyhows, speak soon.
    regards
    bill
  9. mk1chopper

mk1chopper Missing the S3

I just seem to remind myself why i pay other people to fix my car when ever I do things on the audi, I enjoyed working on my mk1 golf gti and E30 318is but working on the S3 is just akward.

Always good hearing people praise other peoples skills so others know where to go if they need work carrying out.
  10. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

Bill is a top guy and does great work i would be down there so much if it wasnt for the 3 hour drive
  11. AJC

AJC 3rd Gear

Mk1Chopper - Exactly my point mate! For people like myself who don't have the time/equipment/knowledge to be messing about under the bonnet and just want to find a garage who know these cars inside out and can suggest some decent mods and improvements based on experience and not imagination on what is now a pretty old car that most garages have forgotton about!
    If my S3 was at all unreliable I'd be selling it immediately but as we all know, these german cars can go on forever and, thanks to this forum and the many regular contributors who offer expert knowledge and advice, I've saved a fortune as a result - wish I'd known about it sooner.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  12. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

Pretty much spot on. Had a little heated discussion with half the workshop last week about tuning and so on and it seems most of them believe that what tuners tell you and any sort of gain you get from whatever tuning you do (remaps were our argument at the time) is a load of rubbish and so on. They seem to think that just because they`ve been had training courses at VW national learning centre and been working for VW for however many years blah blah blah they know best. They think they know more than any company selling performance bits or people like yourself doing what you do just because of these training courses and the fact they`re main dealer techs therefore must mean they`re the best at what they do lol.

I had to laugh because they refused to believe anything we had to say because i was defending one tech who was talking about his a3 1.8t quattro being mapped and was getting slightly better fuel economy which they said was impossible.
  13. harps21k

harps21k Member

Sorry guys... Where are u based Bill?
  14. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

stonehouse, glos
    2 roundabouts from j13/m5
  15. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

then heavy on the brakes when you drive past it and realise at the last second

And watch my bump in the car park. people who went to bill's last RR day know what i mean