1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended S4 Engine and wheel mods

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by TopgearMike, Feb 4, 2014.

1. TopgearMike

TopgearMike New Member

[Feb 4, 2014]
    Looked at Unitronic and others OBD2 mod w/intercooler, cold AIR intake,&Hi-po catback including downpipes. Wheels unsure? Need advice based on most power,least money spent and best wheels best looking on black S4 .Inputs welcomed
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 4, 2014]
    pair of RS4 downpipes, and or CAT back and a remap - 310-340 depending on your car

skip the CAI, Intercoolers, OBD2 mods until you are committed to breaching 400-450!

wheels are so personal you will get 1000 answers
  4. B5QUAT

B5QUAT Member

[Feb 4, 2014]
    Wheelwise I think you can't beat BBS LMs. My Ming Blue TQS had them and loads of people commented on them at petrol stations and such. I had them spaced 20mm tho for a really good wide stance (and to clear the B6 S4 brakes)

BBS CHs are also nice and I like the standard RS4 and RS6 wheels too. Down to choice really.

I always use google images for ideas.
  5. B5QUAT

B5QUAT Member

[Feb 4, 2014]
    These are nice I think, don't fancy cleanin them tho!

audi-b5-s4-black-bbs-rs.jpg
  6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 4, 2014]
    the most bang for buck mod you can do is a remap. Even on an otherwise completely standard car it makes a fair difference.

Use a tuner that knows these cars well, rather than a generic flash tuner that hasnt a clue what they're doing. You dont say where your located? I get a sense your from the US, so recommendations here are likely going to be thin on the ground as its a predominantly UK forum.

The remap alone will take it to a little above 300, but it really depends how far you want to go. With decent downpipes and exhaust, and some intercoolers, and a good tune, you'll likely see 340-350ish but you wont get much further on the stock turbos.

Dont bother with a CAI, the stock airbox is fine until your going for BIG power.