1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended roof rack for a 2001 5dr T Sport ???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Antony 171008, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Antony 171008

Antony 171008 New Member

[Dec 4, 2008]
    Good Morning All

Apologies for such a :gaehn: thread but I need to source a good roof rack that will fit my recently purchased 5 dr, 2001 A3 T Sport (without leaving any scratches/damage behind after removal!!!). 'Thule' and 'Mont Blanc' racks come up on internet searches but I haven't any idea if they're any good.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance :beerchug:.

Antony
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. benr

benr Member

[Dec 4, 2008]
    Cant help much with roof rack, but if you wanted a bike rack the "Thule clip on high" is the best on the market...

Thule make excellent products from my experience
  4. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

[Dec 4, 2008]
    I have a genune audi one and it is great to use, very easy. BUT it does leave a patch after removal. Patch easily removed with some polish :)
  5. Antony 171008

Antony 171008 New Member

[Dec 5, 2008]
    Thanks for your replies benr & abdus. I'll contact audi and ask for the part number I need, then compare with the Thule Rapid System standard bars.
    Incidentally, I almost bought the Thule Rapid System Aero bars (which, being aluminium, match the silver finish of the car) until I found that the shape of the bars requires that adaptors are required when fitting other attachments such as bike racks.

Thanks once again :beerchug:.

Antony
  6. benr

benr Member

[Dec 5, 2008]
    I could be wrong but i always thought the genuine bars were made by Thule. Im sure they were on my mates gen A6 bars.