1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations on Tyres & Place - Around Bucks / Northhampts S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Leenx, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Leenx

Leenx Member

Hey guys - Any advice greatly appreciated - would they chuck in wheel alignment as part of price? any good deals from experience?
    Cheers
    Nick

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

I'd go to Tyres Northampton. I don't use anywhere else now. They don't scratch the wheels, their prices are fair, and their waiting area is the best around.

They won't chuck in alignment - anywhere that does will be using cheap kit that doesn't align properly anyway. Tyres N'pton have the latest Hunter 4 wheel alignment rig, and can do it properly, but do charge proper money for this.

4. Leenx

Leenx Member

Thanks Pete - I'll give them a call - any ideas what would suit my S3 and price for 4 and cost of proper alignment? cheers Nick

5. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

From what I can remember, their alignment is usually about £80... I had mine done at The TT Shop in Bedford last time, due to some other work they were doing, so haven't used Tyres Northampton for alignment for a while.

I got a good deal on some 19" Conti's from them a few months back - are you on 225/40/18's? If so they will have various options on the shelf I'm sure. To know you're paying the right money, have a look at something like www.blackcircles.com - they only quoted a few quid a corner less, and fitting was at somewhere a lot less reputable...