Recommendations on lowering the s3

BennybS3

Reaction score
been considering the idea off lowering the s3 but I'm unsure as to how low to go as I still want the comfort ability and safeness off the standard drive but looks of being low lol

It be sat on 18s 225/40 tyres so was looking between 20/30mm ??

Also what setup should go for? I had eibach/bilstein on my previous car but that was French haha

Most people that want to their s3 front end to have equal wheel arch to wheel space tends to go for eibach prokit.

I personally run them and couldn't be happier. They are springs for the front only

Iv just got the pro kit on Monday so will hopefully be on the car this weekend
I got mine from lvs spot on price and fast delivery

I have an 2010 Fastback S3 with the Eibach fronts. Dropped it approx. 20mm. Easy to fit. Same spring rate as the originals so ride is not compromised.

Ive posted a few photos in the other S3 lowering posts.

Baz

Mine is sat on h+r's dropped 25mm sits pretty nice

Ap coilovers here, can't beat them and can get it to sit exactly where you want it so there's no disappointment like you might get with springs

I was looking at the eibach prokit but has anyone changed the dampers aswel?

Has anyone changed the back aswel or would it be any different if I changed the back also?

KW V2s on mine. Front shocks were toast and KW was/is having a sale in Aus.

Decide your budget and goals, consider sway bars if you want shaprer handling as well, easier to fit the front at the same time as coils.

I was looking at the eibach prokit but has anyone changed the dampers aswel?

Has anyone changed the back aswel or would it be any different if I changed the back also?

2010 on S3 rear is already low. That is why Eibach just sell the front. Shocks to me are fine. If you had an A3 or earlier S3 model then yes change the lot.

Only other thing I did was swap the rear arb for one off an 2008 MKV R32 Golf. 1mm larger in diameter, bit thicker in the tube wall thickness too. Straight swap. Made turn in a lot better. No mad oversteer on lift off either.
MK6 R one should work too. Lots of chaps on Golf forums take them off.

Last edited: